Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Wow. The census snoops are still snooping around? I thought that was over for now. But no, Ted Dunlap just had to draw his line in the sand. Good going, Ted. Hope you’ll keep us posted about what happens — and I hope nothing does. For the record, I never saw a census taker this year. While I was still living in the desert fifth-wheel, one showed up early in the spring, weeks before city folks got their forms in the mail, and left a form in a bag on the door. Made a nice litter bag, while the form itself went into the trash. Nobody ever followed up.
- The policeman vs the nurse. Sure, she should’ve kept her mouth shut. But what a thin-skinned bastard.
- So did anybody try following The Sabbath Manifesto this weekend? Here’s more on the tradition of Sabbaths in various religions. And here’s financial writer Rachel Sklar, who tried following the manifesto and didn’t like it. Me, I think it’s great to get away for a day from e-communications. But I’d rather strip paint than meditate or connect with family.
- Joel talks back to an anti-gunner
- Terrific think piece: “The Genius of the Tinkerer.” And a new word! At least new to me. Bricolage. Is that not cool?