Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Plague death in Chicago: A scientific detective story.
- Don’t tell your cat-lady friends, but they’re being manipulated. Oh. I expect they already know that.
- A happier detective story: Finding the lost library of Thomas Jefferson. (NYTimes free subscription link.)
- How Obamacare is already damaging the U.S. medical system in ways that will be hard to undo even if the Rs are sincere about repealing or defunding it.
- How to be the luckiest guy on the planet in four easy steps. By James Altucher. You could nitpick the specifics. (I think his third goal sets him up for a fall, in a way.) But there’s plenty of food for thought here.
- Small quiz. Guess what the lovely babe below did to get her lovely face in the news? Yes, you can see she got arrested. Only cops and DMV workers can take a picture that flattering. But what’s the rest of the story? Here’s the answer. (Tip o’ hat to Radley Balko.)