- Eighteen years after Waco, some Branch Davidians reminisce. (Mainstream but interesting.)
- Sixteen years after Oklahoma City a fireman explains why he no longer trusts government. (Revisionist and eyewitness.)
And in other news …
- Go ahead. Cuss. It’s good for you. Sitting, OTOH, isn’t.
- Next time somebody asks for your business card, Officer … (Side note: Do police ever tell the truth about their encounters with wronged “civilians”? Or is it possible that they really believe that any forceful comment or request from one of us is an offense, an affront, and an interference?)
- That poker bust. A sad waste of time but what a dirty business all around. You rat on me, I rat on you, feds bust you.
- Did you see this Google doodle last week? Most charming thing they’ve done, and that’s saying a lot.
- The chronicle of a remarkable family. A chosen family — with more on the way. Very clever, creative frugalistas, too. Their papa is a reader of this blog. Thanks, EwB.
- Dontcha just love driving the Brady bunch crazy?