- So. Obama, under pressure, finally releases The Birth Certificate. Such a relief. Now we can be sure the president isn’t violating the Constitution.
- Yesterday Radley Balko linked to this article about Patrick the miracle dog. You really have to see the photos here to get just how huge a miracle Patrick’s survival is. Warning: If you have a tender heart or an easily upset stomach, you might not want to view them.
- Here’s a perfect example of the entitlement mentality. Fortunately, this idiot, who actually tried to get a refund from the post office, did not get either her postage or her puppy back.
- And speaking of really dumb criminals …
- Amen, Mark Oppenheimer. Really. Why are so many Americans infatuated with the doings of a clan of inbred statist parasites? (Sez the anarcho-American who can, if given a glass of wine, name them all in reverse order back to Richard III and knows all six of Henry VIII’s wives.)
- Rumspringa. Dana mentioned this very humane and useful concept in a recent comment section. I had never heard of it. But I agree, it makes total sense.
- Apple finally comes up with some answers about their iSpy devices. Not great answers, but answers. Google has yet to say much about Android’s similar capabilities. (Tip o’ hat to C^2.) Sigh. Privacy. Is it really only for troglodytes? (ADDED: More food for thought from a user’s perspective on the emerging field of phone forensics.)
And thank you for intelligent, tolerant, and often darned funny comments on Monday’s Rapture post. Occasionally I feel compelled (really compelled) to write something that wisdom says I really shouldn’t post here — something that’s too personal or that might egregiously offend. I post such pieces with trepidation, figuring I’m bound to get barbecued in the comments. Then the responses always turn out to be among the best.