Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Three new chapters this week in Jake MacGregor’s novel The Advisor. Chapter 19 and 20 on Tuesday. Chapter 21 last night.
- Good news from the lemonade wars. Well, if anything can be considered good news in this business of cops and code authoritah shutting down kids’ front-yard ventures. Can you imagine the kind of person who would — with “official” blessing — go out of his way to yell at little girls for selling lemonade? The mind boggles.
- But then, I suppose we’re supposed to be grateful that the criminal little lemonade pushers weren’t beaten and tasered to death. (NOTE: Heartbreakingly graphic photo. But OMG, read the quote from the murdered man’s father, who used to be a LEO.)
- Okay. After that we can use something light. And this, too.
- This is a very handy little book — and an excellent getter-starter for friends and relatives who may feel daunted by preparedness: The Prepper’s Pocket Guide: 101 Easy Things You Can Do to Ready Your Home for a Disaster
- Eejits. Don’t they realize this will never — and I mean never, ever, ever — even be possible, let alone desirable? How absurd that all this talk of “ending anonymity on the Internet” keeps coming from alleged techfolk. Do they have no clue what an Outlaw wonderland would result if anybody tried this? (Tip o’ hat to D.A.)
- “Hideouts or Sacred Spaces?” Weird in either case: the story of Europe’s mysterious underground chambers.
- Hope they mean it.
- Finally, in the category of stylish Outlawry: Did LulzSec trick police into arresting the wrong guy?