Press "Enter" to skip to content
- It’s amazing — and encouraging — how many commentators suddenly seem to be realizing that the problem isn’t “right” or “left” or even a matter of a system needing “reform.” The problem is oligarchy. Tuesday I linked to a very good article about The Bigs. Novelist Barry Eisler is among the first to come right out and use the proper term. (Tip o’ hat to J.)
- That noxious Louisiana law banning second-hand dealers from transacting any business in cash. You may have read about it. Ellendra in the comments points to an article that says it was passed in virtual secrecy.
- More on the health miracles of an ordinary kitchen spice.
- With thanks to H, here’s more on the life and death of firearms hero and “justice” system victim, Al Woodbridge. Unfortunately, this isn’t a permalink but just a link to the main page of the Oregon Firearms Federation; can’t say how long it will carry Al’s story.
- “Your cash for their clunkers. Not just another Obama energy favorite in trouble, but a glimpse of an industry of, by, and for government subsidies.
- Finally, for those who don’t mind occasional bits of “sick dog” news, foster-boy had extensive surgery to repair his birth defect yesterday. He’s recovering nicely at the vet’s. She left enough of the sheath so he’ll retain a “boy” look, though she did end up having to (ouch) remove his deformed and non-functional penis. He won’t be coming back to me after recovery, but I’ll get to visit him this morning.