NPR does a non-idiotic story about guns!

Okay, the reporter makes a few statements that reflect cringe-worthy ignorance. Still … this is a good report. And the last line (last paragraph if you read instead of listen) is just howlingly marvelous.

Seems NPR is also coming to understand the nicely Outlaw concept of “law-abiding law breakers.” 🙂

Side note: This is the first time I’ve ever seen any news about the LeBaron clan that wasn’t about weird murders. Instead we’ve got honest people defending themselves against murderers.

1. CS
    CS January 28, 2012 12:02 pm

“Look,” Saenz says pensively, “I think guns are not advisable. I think what the government should do is put honest, well-trained people in jobs to impart justice.”

… he said, 9 mm seated firmly in the holster on his hip.

I suppose you can afford to act pensive when you know you can defend yourself. Any bets on whether he’ll give up his pistol if the government somehow gets around to imparting justice with “honest, well-trained people”?

2. Jeffrey C. Anthony
    Jeffrey C. Anthony January 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Sadly I only caught about 2/3rds of the show recently on NPR’s Fresh Air about Glocks. Love or hate whatever bias you may percieve, what I heard was pretty interesting compared to the usual “scary guns” line of NPR.

3. spacer
    spacer January 28, 2012 3:11 pm

I’m thinking what he has in mind is a “protection force”… with someone like himself in charge. Keeping the citizens disarmed would merely be job security for him.

4. EN
    EN January 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Not in my memory has anything so pro-gun been done on NPR. That was “reasonable” and the anti-gun forces they interviewed sounded like Morons. We truly are winning.

As for the cult, didn’t know anything about it. Read all of the story and even looked for more. What I found interesting is that you can have this murderous cult that travels in and out of the borders of the US with the government almost powerless to stop because the members are on the “outside” of the larger society. That may not have been Claire’s intention, but that’s where I landed.

5. Bennie
    Bennie January 29, 2012 5:00 am

LeBaron Clan: I remember a few of those names back in the 80’s & 90’s in Texas. Had no idea of the long entangled history. Wowzers!

6. Glenn Allen
    Glenn Allen January 29, 2012 8:23 am

If we choose to organize an armed citizens defense group and defend ourselves from gangs, criminals or an oppressive political regime we are considered outlaws, criminals, and will be arrested or killed.
    If citizens organize for any reason other than a government sanctioned and approved gathering we will be arrested.
    If we choose to carry a weapon without the governments permission we will be arrested.
    If we shoot some one in self defense we will be arrested or at least sued by the attackers family.
    The police aren’t under any mandate to protect citizens but are mandated to enforce unjust laws.
    Got freedom?

MamaLiberty January 29, 2012 10:08 am

“”It could be dangerous putting a gun in the hands of an inexperienced person; we could hurt someone.””

Well, that makes it all reasonable, doesn’t it. “We could hurt someone,” so it is far, far better to be murdered, kidnapped and raped…

It’s a lot better to get the experience without fear of arrest. Nobody offers NRA basic pistol classes in Mexico, I think.