Tuesday morning data dump and tab clearing

For many of these links, H/Ts to MJR, PT, H, JS, WL, and I hope I’m not forgetting anybody else!

Yegads. After all that, I still have 12 tabs open. So untidy! But that’s enough linkage for now.

Oh wait. Not it isn’t. Here are a few more from my other browser:

MamaLiberty July 31, 2012 8:36 am

Seems that latest article of mine struck some nerves… somewhere. I’ve had quite a few reports that the page won’t load or only partially loads for some… I’d be interested if anyone else is having problems. If you can’t read it on line, send me an email and I’ll put the whole article in the body of the message for you.

mamaliberty – at – rtconnect dot net

This message really needs to sound from the rooftops:

But, in the end, I live and therefore I am. I don’t need any other person’s permission to live or defend myself. I don’t need anyone’s vetting of my intentions or sanity, nor approval for the self defense tool I choose or how I carry it.

I don’t NEED to explain myself. I don’t NEED any reasons at all.

2. Kent McManigal
    Kent McManigal July 31, 2012 8:57 am

I’d act like a blubbering wuss on video for $700,000. And I wouldn’t even have to consider retiring.

3. Kent McManigal
    Kent McManigal July 31, 2012 9:05 am

I really enjoyed MamaLiberty’s essay. I envy her not making daily trips to the government’s “gun free zone” of the post office. We have no home delivery here. If you want your mail, you have no choice but to go there. Of course, government is prohibited from making any mention of guns in any of its “laws”, and it doesn’t really own the property it controls, so…

4. Matt, another
    Matt, another July 31, 2012 9:08 am

The Corrigan stroy is just proof that Government has always been intrucsive and in the way. There has never been a golden age in America when the government was not a problem.

Claire July 31, 2012 9:15 am

MamaLiberty, your essay was one of the best things I’ve seen in a long time. Like the cards you had printed, too.

Funny, our local PO used to have signs promising death and destruction for anyone bringing guns onto the premises. Those have been replaced by one pointing out (as if such were needed) that it’s a federal crime to rob a postal employee. No more no-guns warnings.

6. Woody
    Woody July 31, 2012 12:30 pm

I would also be interested in hearing any user reports of NeoMailbox.com. I’m currently a satisfied user of another privacy service but I like the idea of having a provider outside of the USA.

7. EN
    EN July 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Great Article, Mama!!!

8. Water Lily
    Water Lily July 31, 2012 12:44 pm

Loved Mama Liberty’s article, thanks!

9. WolfSong
    WolfSong July 31, 2012 12:48 pm

I loved MamaLiberty’s piece-I especially love the last lines, and yes, that does need to be shouted from the rooftops!-and shared it on FaceBook…where I was promptly blasted as a “gun toting, crazed, maniac”. Apparently, when gun owners aren’t willing to accept blame for the Monster’s actions, and allow the government to regulate who should have guns, and what kinds, then we’re crazed gun nuts. *shrug* Who knew? Seems to me though, that the second society is willing to strip folks of rights, in the name of protecting the innocent, based on the actions of the Monsters, then the Monsters win. And really, we should trust the government(any government?!?) with our rights to have guns? Sure…after all they did such a great job with making flying safe, right?

10. naturegirl
    naturegirl July 31, 2012 1:10 pm

I too read Mama’s great article (via Joel’s blog) the other day…..and those cards are an excellent idea, too…Nicely said, Mama L…….

MamaLiberty July 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Kent, we are fortunate enough to have locked rural boxes on the road at the bottom of my hill, so I don’t have to go to the post awful too often – and unarmed is relative… you know.

[grin]

WolfSong… just remember that nothing would really be different if the “powers that be” did everything wonderfully and perfectly to “make flying safe”…. or anything else. They would still be claiming ownership of our bodies and property. So yes, either way the monsters win if we allow them to do so.

Seems like it’s long past time to stop trying to justify self ownership to those who would gladly enslave us.

12. Matt, another
    Matt, another July 31, 2012 1:35 pm

If gun owners were as crazy as the anti-gunners make us out to be, there wouldn’t be any anti-gunners left.

I remeber being 11 or 12 years old and going into the post office of the small western town I grew up in. In front of me was and old prospector, complete with Gabby Hayes hat and mule eared boots. Slung around his hips was a gunbelt with Colt 1911 and cartridge loops stuffed with .45ACP. Nobody thought anything of it, the postal employees didn’t even seem to notice. Times have changed.

13. Hanza
    Hanza July 31, 2012 6:21 pm

MamaLiberty:

I couldn’t open your link posted in this blog using IE9 but I did a cut and paste into Firefox and it came right up.

Great item.

14. David Hammond
    David Hammond August 1, 2012 6:48 am

I thought that if things like your emails went off shore it ment the NSA
    could rifle thru it.
    You really think that there are still programs they can’t crack?

15. JS
    JS August 1, 2012 7:25 am

I was encouraged that at least a well-known organization such as Doctors Without Borders are helping raise awareness about heavy government oversight.

Claire August 1, 2012 8:05 am

David Hammond — The NSA is rifling through domestic emails, too. Never doubt that. However, despite the reputation it likes to foster, the NSA is not some omniscient god.

Besides, what it can crack and what it actually has the resources and motivation to crack are two different things.

Offshore servers, frequent purges, secure transmission, email encryption and other techniques can still serve us, depending on what we’re hoping to achieve.

I think the big question in choosing an online privacy service is how do we know they’re doing what they promise.

Pat August 1, 2012 12:07 pm

Good one, ML.

Interesting – Windows could not bring up that link from any direction, but Firefox found it immediately so I was able to read it.

18. gooch
    gooch August 5, 2012 4:56 pm

Well Said ML.

Kudos to both Claire and Joel for spreading the word.

stay safe,