You really know the drug warhas been lost when …

You see this:

Source for those who can’t see the embed.

This is also a not-bad reminder that TPTB aren’t even remotely as powerful as they’d like us to believe they are. Silk Road and The Pirate Bay still live, and Kim Dotcom has never really stopped laughing at the you-know-whos. Freedom always finds a way.

1. Paul Bonneau
    Paul Bonneau June 27, 2013 8:01 am

Good one Claire. I may have to give that a try some day. However I wonder how they get by the drug-sniffing dogs when packages are delivered?

Claire June 27, 2013 8:17 am

Perhaps because drug-sniffing dogs aren’t either omnipresent or infallible?

Silk Road has been operating for quite a long time doing the same sort of business …

3. KenK
    KenK June 27, 2013 8:50 am

Isn’t this the same outfit that caused the girl in your snitch book to go bad?

Claire June 27, 2013 9:02 am

KenK — Not that I know of. I believe she may have bought from Silk Road (can’t recall). But it was her own naive, spoiled-brat behavior and local cops who “made” her go bad.

5. Jim B.
    Jim B. June 27, 2013 9:37 am

Regarding the anti-freedom of speech chalk suit mentioned above. Can anyone please tell me how it can cost $6000 to rinse off some chalk with a fricking hose?

Claire June 27, 2013 9:49 am

Jim B. — I think one of the commentors on the linked article had it right: they must have swabbed the sidewalk with $100 bills. Gads, what an awful case — and what a bigoted judge!

Claire June 27, 2013 9:52 am

BTW, out of curiousity, I just non-googled the young woman in question. She’s still all over the web, blogging, tweeting, and otherwise posting material that — just as before — pretends to be libertarian while reeking of narcissism.

8. Jim B.
    Jim B. June 27, 2013 10:38 am

Unfortunately the judge isn’t the only one to be ‘bigoted’. I’m really not surprised about him not allowing a First Amendment defense. Other courts have already discounted the Bill of Rights, so this case is not the first to have that as precedent. Just one more brick to get the people fed up with the court’s disregardments of our rights.

9. Kent McManigal
    Kent McManigal June 30, 2013 12:43 pm

The video has been removed, but… link