Press "Enter" to skip to content
- We were all probably hoping and thinking that Glenn Greenwald and his partner David Miranda weren’t behaving stupidly while sending/transporting Snowden documents over international borders. Alas, perhaps they were.
- Even if you’re in major anti-news mode, you’ve probably heard about or seen Miley Cyrus’ grotesque “twerking” performance a few days back. The ‘Net has been full of tsking about the way “Hannah Montana” turned on her little-girl fans with her crude display of sexuality. But everybody’s missing the point, you see. It’s not that Cyrus’ performance was over-sexualized. It’s that it was racist! Yes. Seriously. Racist. I think this sets a new low, not only for crude televised performances, but for what the left can twist into “racism.”
- Speaking of racism, in all the hopped-up fooraw about this week’s 50th anniversary of the “Dream” march on Washington (and if you listen to NPR, as I do, it’s been “all March all the time” lately), what’s with editing Charlton Heston out of the coverage? Yes, folks, gun-owning white guys can be for civil liberties, too.
- Oh yes, America’s secret UberGovernment has been busy, busy, busy.
- It’s good news that Holder has finally decreed he won’t whack Washington and Colorado for legalizing cannabis. Great news for one of Washington’s most beaten-down little communities, which has been hanging in suspense for months. But there are so many ifs, ands, buts, and potential catches.