Leonard Nimoy, RIP

Oh shoot. Spock is dead.

I was never a fan of Star Trek (except in the sense that, for a time, it was the only thing remotely SF-like on television and you take whatever slim pickins you can get). But I was a fan of him. He held up beautifully into old age, too.

Leonard Nimoy, RIP. Spock, live long and prosper.

MamaLiberty February 27, 2015 12:55 pm

I never saw much of the TV and none of the movies, but my sister and her husband were dyed in the wool “Treckies” from the start. They will be devastated.

The only thing I could think of when I read the news was that COPD is one hell of a way to die – inch by inch from lack of oxygen. I’m glad he is no longer suffering.

2. Bill St. Clair
    Bill St. Clair February 27, 2015 1:10 pm

I watched every episode of the original, Next Generation, and all the movies. Hated Deep Space Nine and never got into Voyager. Saw the originals as they came out as a kid and in reruns every day during college. I liked Spock, but I’m not devastated that Nimoy is dead. He lived long and prospered.

3. LarryA
    LarryA February 27, 2015 11:33 pm

dyed in the wool “Treckies” from the start

Uh, “Trekkies” or “Trekkers.” So you know where I came from.

I also remember Leonard Nimoy playing Indians and Mexicans, and assorted badguys and gangsters in shows like The Untouchables, Wagon Train, Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, and Sea Hunt.

And yeah, COPD literally sucks.

4. Fred
    Fred February 28, 2015 9:08 am

I will miss him.Loved the show.

5. Tommy D
    Tommy D March 1, 2015 12:46 pm

I always enjoyed the original shows and movies. Mr. Spock was always the voice of sanity and logic.
    I’d say he had a good life. Hell of a way to go though…

6. Laird
    Laird March 1, 2015 2:16 pm

I was a great fan of Star Trek, and of Nimoy, from the beginning. (Never got into TNG; thought DS9 was the best of the spinoffs; and watched Voyager but wasn’t a huge fan.) Nimoy had a remarkably long, varied and successful career. He will be missed, but as Bill said, he lived long and prospered.