Press "Enter" to skip to content
- The case against modern science. Fom the editor of one of the world’s most eminent medical journals. (H/T SC)
- It’s the time of year for dragging up old commencement speeches. The best ever, of course, was from J.K. Rowling at Harvard in 2008. But two years ago, Joss Whedon gave one as only he could give it.
- Senate panel gives the okay for medical marijuana for veterans. It’s a step. And at the fed level where steps are badly needed.
- But oh! The horror! We’ll soon all be home-brewing heroin. The government! Must! DO SOMETHING! About this! (Tip o’ hat to SC)
- The art of avoiding war. (I’m posting this not for the author’s conclusions about U.S. warmaking matters, but for the history and tactics described.)
- Yep. Just gets creepier and creepier.
- But enough of the serious stuff. Have some gods. And angels and such. Transported from classic paintings to now. (Via Never Yet Melted. Which also offers this.)