Press "Enter" to skip to content
- States that have legalized cannabis show a remarkable decrease in deaths from opiod overdose.
- Much though I respect animals, I think this is a bad idea. (H/T PT)
- On the other hand, we could use some pretty basic changes of policy (and of heart) toward our beloved companions. This man lived on the streets for two years because no homeless shelter would accept him with the dog who’d devoted a life to him. (Fortunately, help eventually stepped in.)
- Ohhh, how the IRS loooooves Obamacare!
- Two on Sandra Bland (and on the expectation that serfs must obey any command of their masters): Orin Kerr concludes, “But this is America, and we didn’t fight a revolution to make that the only choice.” And Jacob Sullum’s “Sandra Bland’s Arrest and the Expectation of Meek Subservience.” Suicide or murder? Bottom line is that Sandra Bland didn’t belong in jail in the first place. She was there only because she — a mere peasant — bruised some statist thug’s ego.
- Perfect example of another “good cop.” And note how supporters flocked to defend him and make him out to be the victim. Did any of his authoritarian cheerleaders care about the four-year-old girl Mr. Weepy Cop molested? (No, she probably “made him do it” or “was asking for it”.) What an utterly disgusting spectacle. (Via Wendy)
- While the specific features of this “Swiss Army knife” jacket may not turn your crank, the basic idea is a great one. Many, many possibilities!
- I’ve watched several cancer patients, who knew they were terminal, spend their last months in an agony of hopeful chemo. At the end, they bitterly regretted putting themselves through it. I’m glad such exploitation of the desperate might soon come to an end.