Monday links

MamaLiberty January 2, 2017 4:52 am

The Texas “school” thing is just further, and possibly very effective proof that government indoctrination camps are not the way to educate children. This sort of control freak bureaucrat is a lot of what’s wrong with the whole system.

Get the children out of these tax theft supported institutions. The general population has zero responsibility for education, though anyone can legitimately donate to the effort if they wish. Only parents have actual responsibility for their offspring, in education as well as anything else.

2. Desertrat
    Desertrat January 2, 2017 10:14 am

A principal without principles.

3. M Ryan
    M Ryan January 2, 2017 11:38 am

The WaPo story was one I read earlier and at that time I thought it was bogus. I figured it was one of two things, a message from the guys in the Kremlin (pros aren’t this sloppy) or taking a small incident and blowing it out of proportion. I’m glad that it has turned out to be BS because things could get real ugly real fast.

MamaLiberty January 2, 2017 11:44 am

After watching this kind of crap for most of 70 years, I’ve given up trying to predict anything. But my first thought on seeing a photo of Putin is: his eyes are too close together! What that has to do with anything remains to be seen. 🙂 But I can’t shake that impression.

Comrade X January 2, 2017 2:45 pm

IMHO George Mason was the father of the Bill of Rights (BOR) and James Madison (the father of the constitution) did used the BOR as a means to secure more states in the ratification of the constitution.

BTW one of the arguments against the BOR was that by mentioning certain rights the constitution would then be limiting our rights to only those mentioned in a BOR, that is why there is a 9th amendment additionally clarifying that we had inalienable rights. Methinks Mason had it right in his interpretation of the writings of John Locke whereas government did not give us our rights nor could a government take away our rights because those rights were inalienable and thus superior to any government.

And that folks is where everything is sideways today because as long as any government of the day can trump an individual’s inalienable rights then liberty is infringed.

Not to take away anything from James Madison but here’s what Thomas Jefferson had to say about George Mason and the BOR:

“The fact is unquestionable, that the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution of Virginia, were drawn originally by George Mason, one of our greatest men, and of the first order of greatness.”

Comrade X January 2, 2017 5:17 pm

That’s unalienable rights btw!

7. larryarnold
    larryarnold January 2, 2017 11:46 pm

Ref fake news, there’s already a revisionist Obama thing from CNN:
    ‘THE LEGACY OF BARACK OBAMA’ – Fareed Zakaria Explores the 44th President’s Tenure in New Primetime Special
    Zakaria asserts that President Barack Obama brought dramatic policy changes to the American landscape, and he argues that the ambitious Obama Presidency may be among the most consequential in history.

I saw this on the schedule tonight. No, I didn’t “toon” in. I think I’m using “consequential” a different way anyhow.