Weekend links #2

MamaLiberty January 8, 2017 8:44 am

Woman “marries” herself. People do the damnedest things, all right. Whatever floats her boat. I’ve been committed to living with myself since I was widowed 30 years ago. Just didn’t need a special ceremony. I’m just curious, however. Will she spend the rest of her life celibate, as I will? If she cheats, can she get a divorce? Oh me…

Pat January 8, 2017 9:29 am

If a women marries herself, then later decides to marry a man (or other woman), does that make her a bigamist? On the other side of ML’s question: If she cheats, does that make her an adulteress?

MamaLiberty January 8, 2017 9:47 am

On second thought, Pat, why would anyone care? Her life, her choice. At least she wouldn’t have to pay any alimony or child support! LOL

Joel January 8, 2017 9:59 am

How will she divorce herself when she and herself grow apart?

In regard to the 2016 gun stats, I only want to say again: You people who talked about “Vermont Carry” spreading back at the turn of the century, and I laughed in your collective face? You were right, I was wrong. Well done.

Claire January 8, 2017 10:26 am

“On second thought, Pat, why would anyone care? Her life, her choice.”

I agree, her life, her choice. But I’m getting damned tired of the growing degree of narcissism in the world.

OTOH, maybe it’ll be a good thing if the entire Selfie Generation marries itself, fails to breed, and leaves the future to better, more sensible people.

MamaLiberty January 8, 2017 10:47 am

Narcissism? Sure, very silly. đŸ™‚ I don’t really care unless I’m forced to pay for it.

As for non-breeding themselves out of the picture, I am pretty sure that’s not going to happen. Idiots, being idiots and all that, will continue to be born to idiots as always. The dumb asses simply provide educational amusement for some of us. đŸ™‚

7. Jim B.
    Jim B. January 8, 2017 10:57 am

I do wonder if that self marriage thing is in response to the MGTOW movement.

Claire January 8, 2017 12:30 pm

Holy cr*p. Just what we needed — one more reason to avoid flying. Thanks for the heads-up, Adam.

9. larryarnold
    larryarnold January 8, 2017 1:04 pm

And here everyone was predicting that gay marriage would lead to polygamy!

I guess this is nulligamy?