Thursday links

1. rochesterveteran
    rochesterveteran February 23, 2017 8:25 am

I have friends in Philly and they’re all pretty much in agreement that Mayor Jim Kenney is an ideological leftist tool!

Claire February 23, 2017 12:48 pm

BillT — Good article. Even if anybody with a brain could have predicted a drop in sales and customers going elsewhere, it’s still heartbreaking to see how far and wide the effects of this tax spread and how many people are affected, even devastated, by this.

Comrade X February 23, 2017 1:39 pm

I try to avoid hospitals because people die there.

Claire February 23, 2017 1:41 pm

And it’s even worse if the person who dies is YOU! (I hate it when that happens.)

5. Desertrat
    Desertrat February 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Funny how it goes with hospitals. I was seriously underwhelmed from what I saw at our local hospital in the 1990s. Then, a reorganization. I had major cancer surgery in 2003 and could not have been more pleased with the myriad dealings. (Eight days on IV is a heckuva weight loss program.)

But, apparently a regression. I hear lots of bad-mouthing about the present situation. No idea as to how it might be related to Obamacare. I do know that doctors and nurses can be set into rant mode at the very mention of that.

6. larryarnold
    larryarnold February 23, 2017 8:45 pm

New Hampshire gets it right, becoming the twelfth state to yield to constitutional carry.

So now we have half-again as many states where you don’t need a permit than we do states where most folks can’t get one.

All over the mainstream news in 4…3…2…

7. rochesterveteran
    rochesterveteran February 24, 2017 5:26 am

As with Desertrat, I give kudos to the Wllmot Cancer Center for the treatment and care that they’ve given my wife. With the type of cancer she has, the prognosis is darn right depressing, but three years since the diagnosis, she’s still alive and her quality of life is decent, she can still do things, go out on occasion and travel out to Colorado to visit our younger son, daughter in law and our precious grandson. Much credit also should be given to the advancements of the treatment for the cancer that she has and also advancements in imaging technology, where doctors can spot lesions that ten years ago wouldn’t have been found. I also thank all of my family and friends who’ve been praying for her, as prayer has a positive effect on those who are ill and it certainly has for my wife!