Once more in the realm of the (alleged to be) normal …
- Happy 28th birthday, WWW. On this day, the Web’s creator, Tim Berners-Lee talks about its three biggest threats.
- “Purple America” has all but disappeared.
- Vin and Cat want us to know that their ABE storefront now offers collated collections, with categories including “Comics and Graphic Novels” and “A Hit Before Your Mother Was Born.” (NFI on my part.)
- Can any of you bitcoin people vouch for this outfit? I’ve heard it’s a reliable way to buy and sell BTC. But with bitcoin, yesterday’s solid-as-a-rock exchange often seems to be today’s exposed-as-a-fraud or ripped-off-to-the-tune-of-billions loser.
- Kim du Toit writes poignantly about how mourning has broken him.
- In your awwwwww news of the day: a blind dog, missing for a week in difficult terrain, is found and rescued by a good neighbor.