Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Following Bob Owens’ suicide, there’ve been a lot of articles on the general theme of how men’s depression is different than women’s (generally true) and how men may be more reluctant to get help. What only one person has mentioned so far (and that over on the private Claire’s Cabal forums) is that if you’re a gun owner who asks for help you will be screwed six ways from Sunday. Smart gun owners do not dare let so-called mental-health professionals know they’re suffering. At the very least, they’ll lose their gun rights. And it’s not at all uncommon for cops to show up and kill them. Some “help” that is!
- Yet another cop walks free on the “I’m a puling coward” defense. Betty Shelby argued that pre-emptive murder was part of her training. Besides, the dispensable “civilian” didn’t give her the instant obedience expected of the peasant class.
- Do you earn wages? Or are your earnings merely gifts from Massah?
- Award for the most misleading headline of the day goes to “Can Cannabis and Christ Co-Exist?” which is actually a pretty good article about the Christian effort for medical cannabis in the religious south.
- Yet another of those interesting-but-not-surprising dog studies. Dogs talk to us — and we kinda-sorta understand them. Of course the ways they talk and we grok goes far beyond the barks of the study. (H/T ML)
- It’s been a quiet trend for some time. Now the larger world is beginning to notice: Protestants and Mormons are moving toward the Eastern Orthodox church in search of religious renewal, deeper tradition, greater rigor, and more spiritual depth.
- If meat eaters acted like vegans. (No offense intended to vegetarians, of which there are several hereabouts. But this is hilarously accurate about all forms of lifestyle self-righteousness.)
- No, the odds of your existence were not so small as to require some magical, miraculous creation.