Links about Hurricane Irma are in their own separate post.
- How to win a nuclear standoff.
- Ha! With all the DACA news, here’s a reminder of how it went with desperate alien children and compassionate Dems last time.
- Black lives matter. But some don’t think that black minds matter.
- A pen that can swiftly diagnose cancers?
- Mexico gets hit by an 8.2 earthquake. It struck the poor, remote southern states. The death toll is low so far.
- Even famous football players aren’t exempt from brutal and arbitrary police behavior.
- On the other hand, here a cop who spotted a woman with broken taillights and behaved like a decent human being.
- Abandoned sites from old postcards.
- Two from DuffleBlog. Afghan who welcomed U.S. troops as a small child is now excited to shoot at them. And (in news that almost fails to be satirical), the Southern Poverty Law Center declares the VFW and American Legion to be hate groups.