Monday links

1. Coyote Hubbard
    Coyote Hubbard October 30, 2017 6:17 am

Thanks for reminding me about the great stuff from the Perry Bible Fellowship. I had not been there in years.

Claire October 30, 2017 7:21 am

Coyote Hubbard — I don’t think I’d ever been to the Perry Bible Fellowship before this weekend. It’s a hoot, isn’t it?

RV — Yeah, you know, as nasty as the article is, one of my thoughts was similar to yours: Who the heck wants to be “in the workplace,” anyhow?

Also, here’s a good take on the Washington plaque nonsense: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453225/christ-church-hides-washington-memorial-lamentable-decision-common-tradition-james-madison-slavery

3. jed
    jed October 30, 2017 11:44 am

I’ve seen many examples of the poor physical security practices in many businesses. A hard hat and a utility safety vest will get you into a lot of places. It’s not well-written, but Mitnick’s Art of Deception goes into this. Despite the poor cadence of the writing, it’s worth reading.

Comrade X October 30, 2017 1:15 pm

I’m sure since China is so transparent currency manipulation is completely out of the question.

Joel October 30, 2017 1:43 pm

“Ban Men from the Workplace” might be funnier if there weren’t so many articles – I’d guess some published on Slate – with exactly the same content and tongue nowhere near cheek.

I want to live in a world where bias against an entire race, creed, color or gender is considered bad.

MamaLiberty October 30, 2017 1:52 pm

But you do, Joel. Any bias, resistance or disagreement to bowing down to the feminazi PC bullcrap being spewed across the world is definitely considered “bad.” 🙂 But I don’t think that individual discrimination is “bad” at all… it’s merely a matter of choice – and trust me, it’s never going to disappear.

I want to live in a world where nobody aggresses against others, regardless of what they think, believe or want. Oh, and the freedom to defend oneself from those who do try to force anything on others.

7. Shel
    Shel October 30, 2017 2:05 pm

I’ve had more than one woman say they would rather work for a man than a woman. Surprisingly to me, Glubb noted (at p.15, his numbering) “An increase in the influence of women in public life has often been associated with national decline.” http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

For me, it has always depended on the person. I think also that personal preference depends significantly upon which parent was more or less benevolent.

8. John
    John October 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Isn’t it heretical for collectivists to acknowledge the existence of individuals? Wouldn’t that make their universe implode?

Joel October 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Your universe can’t implode if you’re the one defining reality. If the individuals you wanna hate on are white men, bingo. Classified and collectivized right out of existence, baby.

10. larryarnold
    larryarnold October 31, 2017 11:14 am

Your universe can’t implode if you’re the one defining reality.

If a person’s definition of reality doesn’t match the reality they find themselves in, it most assuredly can implode. Infantry basic training, U.S. citizens caught in Mexico’s justice system (or these days the U.S. justice system), bringing home your first baby.

Or maybe you meant it differently.