Yesterday’s revolution

(Image c/o DB)

Yesterday, in case you didn’t notice, was the start of the revolution to depose Trump and Pence. The revolution was well-financed enough to take out a full-page add in the New York Times (Soros, do you suppose?) but not interesting enough to draw a crowd of more than a few hundred even in the most militant college towns.

Portland — that hotbed of SJW ferment — was quiet with a sparse crowd. Seattle’s big “do” was more empty space than bodies and seems to have knocked off early. Perhaps participants were worried about the snow in the weather forecast; a dusting of snow has more chance of disrupting traffic out here on the left coast than the demonstrators did. In Austin, Texas, counter-demonstrators evidently outnumbered the revolutionaries (some reports said by two or three to one). NYC, despite the giant screaming ad, and Boston were … meh.

Over at the Cabal we watched live streams from several cities courtesy of one dedicated Cabalista. But even she eventually concluded the revolution was so dull she had better things do to than monitor it.

This morning I went looking in the media for after-action reports and found … nothing. Nothing in the NYT, nothing in USA Today, nothing in the Google newsfeed … nothing anywhere. There must have been at least a smattering of coverage yesterday, but the revolution (“It begins on November 4”) seems to have used its 15 minutes rather poorly. If you were on scene or saw photos or video to indicate any significant action, please speak up in comments.

Surely we haven’t seen the last of the SJW/antifa/hate-everybody crowd. But I expect they’re all rather embarrassed today.

1. rochester_veteran
    rochester_veteran November 5, 2017 11:09 am

Antifa threw a party and hardly anybody came! πŸ™‚

2. Bear
    Bear November 5, 2017 11:18 am

I’m imagining conversations in privileged households across the country last Friday night:

“Son… daught.. Which is today? Look, we indulged you in your choice of major, but frankly ‘Transhumanist Post-Feministic Glacial Studies in Social Justice Theory’ is not going to get you a job in the private market. Burger flipping is out because you protested for a $15 an hour minimum wage and got everyone replaced with robots and automated order kiosks. Your only hope is to get a government job. And the jobs that pat decently require a security clearance.”

“So?”

“So do you really want to answer that question, ‘Have you ever advocated the violent overthrow of the US government?’ with “Just that one time”?

Aaaand… everyone stayed home to play Candy Crush and browse ConfusIndr, Tindr/Grindr for the perpetually pisswitted.

3. Desertrat
    Desertrat November 5, 2017 11:25 am

First time a revolution was stopped because Mommy made them stay home.

4. larryarnold
    larryarnold November 5, 2017 11:29 am

How do you organize a revolution to overthrow the government when you hate organization, yet think the solution to every perceived problem is government regulation?

MamaLiberty November 5, 2017 11:36 am

Between the “time change” and the total waste of time this morning looking for reports of the revolution… I’m in a really grouchy mood today. πŸ™ What a bunch of maroooons.

6. larryarnold
    larryarnold November 5, 2017 11:37 am

Oh, and no photos because I missed the Austin event. I was busy with a rather full license to carry a handgun class.

Gosh, ML. You gripe about having a long weekend? πŸ˜‰

7. Ken Hagler
    Ken Hagler November 5, 2017 11:46 am

I think Antifa has learned from the “alt-right” protestors. They don’t need to do any actual work, just put out a press release then stay home and sleep in while their alleged opponents do all the work of giving them free publicity that they could not possibly have achieved if they actually got out of bed.

MamaLiberty November 5, 2017 12:20 pm

Larry, I am retired. I can have a “long weekend” every single week. In fact, I have very long weeks! LOL No, I’m griping because I had a bad night, and woke too early… and there was nothing about the promised revolution in the “news.” No biggie, I went and took a nap before noon and am not grouchy anymore. πŸ™‚ But very happy to see that the antifas staged a big, silly fizzle.

No idea who the perpetrators are yet, but two church shootings now fill at least FOX news pages. Probably not antifa either, but we’ll likely know fairly soon. Isn’t it funny how some of these stories come out eventually (more or less, of course) while others are immediately tossed into the swamp and we never hear anything more. Or, as in Las Vegas, endless contradictions and lies. sigh

9. fred
    fred November 5, 2017 12:35 pm

The dems and soros werent funding and organizing this,they are laying low,elections coming.We all know they own them,now they need to pretend they have nothing to do with them.Shhhhh…..

10. Jim B.
    Jim B. November 5, 2017 3:00 pm

It reminds me a lot of the old hippie saying: “What if they had a war, and nobody came?”.

With this it’s now more “They had a Revolution, but nobody came.”

Although I know a small bunch of no-bodies came, (some here and some there), do they really count?

11. David Gross
    David Gross November 5, 2017 4:44 pm

I follow a number of mailing lists, feeds, blogs, etc. of the leftish radical direct action sort. Most of my friends are leftish SJW types. I keep tabs on a good handful of earnist lefty U.S. activist groups via Twitter.

I’m telling you: I heard exactly nothing about anything going on on November 4th from any of them.

The only mentions I saw of 11/4 were in the right-wing twitterverse, where they were talking about some looming apocalypse of EMP weapons and genocidal race wars set off by a Soros-funded antifa conspiracy.

I can’t help but think this was all just a bunch of trolls trolling trolls until it got so loud people thought maybe there was something real behind it all.

12. larryarnold
    larryarnold November 5, 2017 6:34 pm

Naps are usually good therapy.

Just heard about the Texas church shooting. It’s about 100 miles SE, just past San Antonio. Damn.

13. parabarbarian
    parabarbarian November 5, 2017 7:54 pm

Just to be clear: Yesterday, members of Antifa came out of their parent’s basement, saw their shadow, and realized they had seven more years of Trump.

14. kentmcmanigal
    kentmcmanigal November 6, 2017 8:53 am

Maybe the murderous evil loser in the Texas church was just a day late.

15. Willy Tee
    Willy Tee November 6, 2017 3:16 pm

What Happened to the thumbs up thing for peoples posts?
    Sorry I mostly lurk, but liked the option of the thumbs up sign.

Hi Claire, I doubt you remember me. ‘Willy and the ladies.’ I bought all your books back when you were doing a special and autographing them.
    The Ladies are all grown now. I created freedom loving Women with the help of your books. So Thank you!

Claire November 8, 2017 1:22 pm

Hello, Willy Tee. I didn’t know the upvote buttons had disappeared. You’re the first to notice (or at least to say so).

My guess: WordPress updates automatically on this site and sometimes those updates break the plugins. I’ll put it on my to-do list to see if I can figure out what happened and bring back those thumbs-ups.