The media’s “most humiliating debacle”?

Well, that’s saying a lot, isn’t it? And maybe saying way too much in an era of daily debacles.

But yesterday’s many hours of CNN-driven fake news were pretty much inexcusable. As is the network’s embarrassing refusal to reveal how they perpetrated their “mistake.” Glenn Greenwald gives a good explanation.

Comrade X December 9, 2017 9:10 am

Trump has made the so called mainstream media in this country mentally ill.

2. rochester_veteran
    rochester_veteran December 9, 2017 9:49 am

From the article: By the end of the day, it was clear that several of the nation’s largest and most influential news outlets had spread an explosive but completely false news story to millions of people, while refusing to provide any explanation of how it happened.

The explanation of how it happened is pretty clear, the “fake news” outlets are lying sacks of poop and have been presenting their progressive/socialist biased propaganda for years and due to their hatred of Trump, they’ve seemingly lost their minds as that’s what intense hatred will drive one to. I’m absolutely beaming in Schadenfreude! 🙂

3. lairdminor
    lairdminor December 9, 2017 10:00 am

Wow. I get blasts from The Intercept every day, but lately I’ve been pretty much ignoring them because they’re usually wrong if not simply stupid. But this one was fascinating; thanks for calling it to my attention.

Greenwald is that rarest of birds: an honest leftist. I don’t much like him, and often disagree with him, but I respect him because of his integrity: he calls them as they lie, and damn the consequences.

Claire December 9, 2017 11:08 am

That’s my take on Greenwald, exactly. I was glad when he stepped up to take that mantle from the late Nat Hentoff.

That’s also my take on The Intercept. It started with great promise and occasionally produces a fine piece of investigative journalism. But other than Greenwald, it’s mostly another daily dose of left-wing dribblings.

5. Ron Johnson
    Ron Johnson December 9, 2017 12:58 pm

These tv reporters have succumbed to confirmation bias, just like any other partisan. I agree with you about Glen Greenwald: he’s one of my favorite leftists. Sometimes I also like Naomi Wolfe. Sometimes.

6. DistOne
    DistOne December 9, 2017 1:57 pm

It is the most humiliating until the next time. Which will come very soon now. We are witnessing the frantic death-throws of the would be New World Order. The collectivists thought they could keep enough of us bamboozled until the trap-door shut and there would be no escape from their utopian fantasy. Enough people awoke just enough, to keep Hillary from the White House, and the Leftists and Media (but I repeat myself) are going berserk. The next 11 months will be very entertaining. Keep the popcorn handy.

7. ellendra
    ellendra December 10, 2017 6:01 am

I was working all day yesterday, completely missed it. But reading the summary, I’m still having trouble figuring out why one email offering somebody something, with no indications that the recipient ever took them up on it, is considered “collusion” and not “spam”?