Weekend links

1. fred
    fred December 10, 2017 7:11 am

Hooking up your home to automation is cool.Running your home thru the net/NSA/CIA/FBI/GOOGLE/FACEBOOK is as stupid as can be IMO.

If I hear ‘I have nothing to hide’ my head will explode.

And soon you too can have a self driving car that will deliver you straight to the camps when the final shoe eventually drops.

Have a kid in the family I adore.and i HATE going to his house,its nothing but surveillance and recording.Truly creepy,he LOVES it,never met a recording device he cant live without.

2. Bear
    Bear December 10, 2017 7:15 am

I liked what Mike Williamson had to say about it, although I did disagree with part of his assessment: Braislford is more likely a psychopath than sociopath, and not retarded. He very intelligently and cold-bloddedly manipulated the situation such that would would kill someone, as he repeatedly threatened to do. Until I read Williamson’s post, I didn’t know much about the case. I’d heard vague stuff about conflicting commands, but hadn’t looked into it for lack of time. Then I watched the bodycam footage. Three times. I expected the usual scared, panicking cop doing dumb shit. I saw a psychopath intending from the get-go to kill someone. After watching the video, I read some news stories that included quotes from Brailsford’s testimony in which he flat lied about what happened.

Mike’s “Ask A Cop” post is also worth checking out.

Reid on Democracy: She’s right. Which is exactly why American was not (and is not) estalished as a democracy; it’s supposed to be a constitutionally limited representative republic precisely so a minority cannot be disenfranchised as she wishes.

Greenspan: Bitcoin aside, the idea of a former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank bitching about someone else’s inflated fiat currency is… WTF?

3. lairdminor
    lairdminor December 10, 2017 8:37 am

Great articles about headless liberal chickens and Delores Umbridge. I enjoyed both immensely. Thanks.

4. fred
    fred December 10, 2017 8:42 am

I dont understand bitcoin so Im on the sidelines watching.Cant wait to see how it plays out,a currency the govs cant control??? Pass the popcorn on this one,its a game changer maybe.

That killer cop,an absolute turd.His partner has fled the country? Wouldnt want to be the killer,me thinks he will be in hiding until the end.

Really? His rifle embossed with YOUR F*CKED.??!! And a judge that kept that out of evidence,along with not allowing the video to be shown???? Or the media photoshopping Turds tats out????

Comrade X December 10, 2017 9:39 am

I remember chopping chicken heads off and watching them run around crazy with no head; the media and the left (which are really the same) are doing that now but it’s not the first time, they did it with Reagan and they tried to do it with W but 9/11 kinda put a damper on them that time.

What they don’t appreciate is that Trump was elected in a fair election well at least as fair as any election Obama was elected in, and a third of the country supports him today, that third also happens to own most of the guns in this country (when you think about it, it is not hard to realize why they want to take those guns away) but if the left takes down Trump the way they want to IMHO there is going to be some real consequences for the left that they really haven’t thought out completely yet, really the best thing for them is failure.

Oh BTW those real chickens that ran around with their heads cut off I use to watch; they all died.

6. Desertrat 1
    Desertrat 1 December 10, 2017 10:28 am

A close friend signed on to Project Orbis in its beginning in 1982. Officed in Houston, aircraft maintenance at Evergreen west of Phoenix. Back then, it was in a DC-8. Two surgery rooms, 24 TVs for observation. They did indeed circle the globe. Good to see that it’s ongoing and has the upgrades.

7. larryarnold
    larryarnold December 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Well, folks like us are the enemies of their “democracy.”
    But eliminating the Electoral College might not work out the way they think. The way people are fleeing Democratic states like California, where everything is taxed and regulated and it’s still not enough to balance a budget; and moving to Republican states like Texas, where working people can find a job and afford a house; the “Big 15” vote might not be one that brings Ms. Reid much Joy.
    Robespierre’s Law: The power you give the government to do unto others will be used to do unto you.

It’s… Well, “amusing” is the wrong word, but… to watch liberals protesting conservative violence when the last three mass killers targeted Republican congresspersons, Country-Western fans and churchgoers. And it hasn’t been conservatives suing cake bakers and flower arrangers.

Well, not all of them:
    Turns out a chicken’s brain sits lower in its head/neck than you might think, and people cutting the head off aren’t getting all of it.

Here’s another Good Technology story, with Drones even, delivering blood:
    Listen to the end, and see what Rinaudo thinks about governments and NGOs.

8. Jim Brook
    Jim Brook December 11, 2017 7:52 am

Well, one thing about the article on rural Americans was right. I actually am an enemy of democracy. I don’t like lynch mobs. I oppose gang rapes. I stand in firm opposition to those, and all other, forms of democracy, wherein the rights of the minority are sacrificed to whatever whim the majority cares to pursue. A black woman, being in the minority, should also be opposed to allowing the majority to do whatever it chooses. She might care to look in a dictionary at what the word “democracy” actually means.