Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Between the Equifax breach and the new tax law, this could be a bad year for both fraudulent tax returns and IRS confusion.
- In southern California they’re looking for victims in a weather-related mudslide. In Washington state, they’re watching a potentially larger landslide in the making. Local officials are pooh-poohing the most-feared impact; geologists and geophysicists are saying, “Close the damn freeway NOW and prepare for Yakima to flood.”
- GetRichSlowly.org: Hopping off the hedonic treadmill.
- Forest Service cop kills a classic “good citizen” while he’s driving to a spiritual retreat. We have no idea why.
- And a dumbass cop using his gun to smash a vehicle window shoots the driver. We also don’t know why, but we can be sure “procedures were followed.”
- In the “questions you’ve always wanted to ask (but didn’t know you did)” department: can an arrow fired straight up fall fast enough to kill you? The article is a geek’s answer. The last line is for the rest of us.
- Why Mickey Mouse might not get his copyright extended this time around.
- The Afghanistan War sues Marvel for copyright infringement over its latest Avengers title, “Infinity War.” 🙂
- Why there’s no excuse for bad special effects, even in old movies.