Tuesday links

From a stupid pun feature:

1. rochester_veteran
    rochester_veteran February 6, 2018 11:54 am

From: Young People Think They Want Socialism. But They Don’t.

Another problem: Lack of knowledge about what socialism really is. Many young people were never taught about the reality of socialism in practice. The almost 100 million people starved or shot under various forms of socialism? It’s as if they never existed. Talk about being “marginalized”!

It’s not all their fault. Teachers skip lightly over the evils of communism.

I made sure I taught my kids about the evils of Marxism/Socialism/Communism because they weren’t being taught about it in school and many of the teachers were themselves socialists/progressives (one and the same!).

Comrade X February 6, 2018 2:33 pm

The biggest reason that socialism is so easy to accept is because there are no real choices except those given to you by the state therefore you can not make a bad choice and if only the state is responsible then everyone is responsible which mean no one is responsible thus you will always be right as long as you follow the state which can never be wrong.

It’s those of us who are not good followers who are the real problem.

3. Kurt
    Kurt February 6, 2018 10:30 pm

Re: Berlin Wall,

I’m now officially old. I am a huge fan of a movie made right before it went up – “One, Two, Three”, which features the song “Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini”.

It’s one of my favorite Cagny movies, and has one of two good performances by Horst Buchholz.

I yelled, and cried when the wall came down.

Kurt

4. fred
    fred February 7, 2018 2:51 am

Cops are crooked,you cant see bodycam footage,and Fema is a disaster.just another day,eh?

I have to go with JC2K’s link,lets get dogs adopted,at least that works.Yes,I want a puppy,instead I saved 2 from certain death,we got one on her last day! Yup,Ive no doubt they would die for us.Our GSD has done the lunge up on her back feet at a couple homeless guys when wife walking her.This is a dog you can trust with infants.Yup,they know trouble.And they will protect us.

GSD-MOSTLY you are good until proven otherwise.
    Husky mix-You are a terrorist,period.Prove to me you arent.

5. fred
    fred February 7, 2018 2:58 am

In my lifetime Ive had more rescues than not with dogs.

6. larryarnold
    larryarnold February 7, 2018 3:58 pm

Lots of college students think socialism is a government system where the government provides everything you need.

7. Top W Kone
    Top W Kone February 9, 2018 6:16 am

Using fingerprints to track pay seems like a reasonable employer choice. Just like a card that needs a pin to track time. As long as it is a choice of the employer and not mandated by the state