- Biometrics for cops. After years of overtime abuse Baltimore cops will have to clock in and out with their fingerprints. (No mention of what they’re going to do about all those other abuses like planting guns and drugs. H/T MJR)
- The Berlin Wall. It has now been down as long as it was up.
- What was that they were saying about FEMA’s disaster response having improved since the Katrina catastrophe? Well, yeah, I guess delivering 50,000 meals out of a contracted 30 million is … something.
- Young people think they want socialism. But they don’t. (A surprisingly thoughtful article.)
- The Reporters’ Committee for Freedom of the Press has a site that let’s you check to see whether your state or police jurisdiction allows access to police bodycam footage. (H/T MJR)
- The ticking memo.
- How Rod Serling’s history as a Jewish WWII veteran helped inform The Twilight Zone
From a stupid pun feature: