Midweek links

MamaLiberty February 9, 2018 3:07 am

Love the dog tavern, and the jolly librarians! Great finds. 🙂

2. jed
    jed February 9, 2018 8:16 am

The biohacking world has come a long way since the early days of Steve Mann’s wearables. You might recall Steve’s misadventure in 2002 at the Toronto airport.

When it come to genetic manipulation, I can laud the goal of “to eliminate common disorders in problem-­plagued purebreds”, but I can only shudder to think of what further lengths the AKC breeders will take this, and you know they will.

Comrade X February 9, 2018 9:20 am

Ok I admit I’m not a fan of Musk.

I feel as if he’s a con. But that doesn’t mean he’s all bad either. To be honest if he is able to do good then who care’s if he is a con really, as long as people aren’t taken for a ride they weren’t willing to pay for?

So the proof is in the pudding, if he pulls off everything he is taking other’s people’s money to do without ripping them off then you can’t say he conned anyone can you, he did what he said he was going to do unless you don’t like a billionaire feeding at the public trough to do it, but they all do, if they can, it seems so if some good comes out of it then the only questions is; was it worth the price?

4. fred
    fred February 9, 2018 1:35 pm

OK,way OT…..Lets close the post office.What a wasteland.Every other service can deliver to my door and do it politely and never give me grief.The PO is the exact opposite of that.
    Yes,went to the post office today.I keep forgetting Im dealing with Gods.

5. fred
    fred February 9, 2018 1:47 pm

Tweet from Starman….I still cant find any parking.

6. larryarnold
    larryarnold February 9, 2018 3:52 pm

Thanks for the library funnies. My wife really needed a laugh today.

7. ellendra
    ellendra February 11, 2018 11:16 am

As a bit of a science geek myself, I really enjoy seeing what biohackers are up to. Some of it’s scary, some of it’s stupid. But all of it results in new information. New knowledge of how things can or can’t be done.

A lot of what they’ve achieved involves expensive tests being simplified, and the equipment shrunk down to pocket-size. That has made a huge difference in areas that don’t have hospitals nearby.