Why they imagine we’ll go quietly, I don’t know

Okay, enough of the weekend’s peace and beauty.

A D-party candidate for sheriff of Buncombe County, NC, has advocated killing people who own “military style” weapons. (H/T SS)

Granted, that’s Asheville, which one Twitterer called called “San Francisco east”. It’s one loudmouth trolling for v*tes. Maybe he’s desperate. Maybe he’ll say anything. Maybe his blather means nothing. Except as one more tick on the clock of our times.

Still, it’s clearer by the minute that what the regressives can’t win by law and sheepish obedience they intend to seize by violence. (By, of course, their guys with military-style weapons.)

We’re getting perilously close here, dear people — as Miguel at The Gun Free Zone notes (H/T Y). We’ve even got the clear beginnings of our own Red Guard — young, arrogant, intolerant, state-educated masses, only waiting for someone to unleash them upon our deplorable selves.

I don’t think it’s going to turn out well for them. Not at all. OTOH, it’s not likely to turn out well for anybody.

You ready for this?

1. Mark Call
    Mark Call March 26, 2018 6:09 am

It’s kind of interesting in this context to read what the prophet Isaiah said of times like this, especially Isaiah 3:4…

Nah, doesn’t turn out well. But it does rhyme.

2. rochester_veteran
    rochester_veteran March 26, 2018 6:25 am

One of my Senators, Chuck U Schumer, was on the radio this morning demonizing the NRA and blaming Republicans for being in their pockets for not moving forward on legislation that will ban “assault” weapons. I cannot stand that man!

Schumer calls himself NRA’s ‘Public Enemy No. 1’ in plea to congress

BTW, I and five of my friends recently joined the NRA in defiance of leftist demonization of a group that has NOT committed mass murders!

3. Rick
    Rick March 26, 2018 6:35 am

GOA is The only non compromising gun rights organization that remains.
    Larry Pratt is the Real Deal.
    Please consider them.

4. wanabe
    wanabe March 26, 2018 6:56 am

And the audience laughs when he says it!

MamaLiberty March 26, 2018 7:29 am

I didn’t read anything about the idiot sheriff saying he plans to kill us personally. I suspect he thinks he can get his “deputies” to do that little chore. Did he ask them, I wonder? He might be very disappointed.

It was interesting to see (no idea how accurate it was) a map showing where the little commie children were marching. Only three spots in Wyoming: Cheyenne, Laramie and Jackson Hole, if I remember right. The three “liberal” cities in the state. Nowhere else.

Comrade X March 26, 2018 8:32 am

“America is at that awkward stage. It’s too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.”
    Claire Wolf.

I think the validity of this quote will be expiring soon.

7. Borepatch
    Borepatch March 26, 2018 9:04 am

Well, since Virginia turned blue, North Carolina is the Massachusetts of Dixie. The goofy isn’t contained to just Asheville.

8. brew
    brew March 26, 2018 9:59 am

Along the lines of what Borepatch posted re: NRA membership, We haven’t been forced to wear yellow stars…. yet.

I don’t know where all this is gonna end up…. Someone else said and I agree with: I’m not real interested in taking national policy advice from people that a month ago were eating Tide Pods….

9. Mark Call
    Mark Call March 26, 2018 10:14 am

What makes you think they stopped?

10. ~Qjay
    ~Qjay March 26, 2018 10:38 am

One important thing to remember about the tide pods eaters: it was a very few people actually doing it, just to provoke a reaction; amusement, anger, disgust, whatever.
    It’s still working, only now it’s being used to accomplish a political goal as well. It is tricking people into making disparaging remarks based on the actions of a few, but holding an entire class of people responsible.
    It’s a funny meme, but it’s not truth. It’s time to be taking this seriously, because they are.
    Something is different this time.

11. Unclezip
    Unclezip March 26, 2018 11:25 am

Idiot turned off his social media comments due to the sheer weight of the populace coming down on him – “people are taking my comment out of context” excuse that always comes out when some jerk trips over his own member.

12. david
    david March 26, 2018 12:13 pm

A typical tactic for ‘progressives’ is to yell and scream until they get what they want, and if they don’t they will then try to provoke violence (aka ‘have a tantrum’) to get their way. I expect they will get the violence they are asking for just because they won’t stop that pushing until it happens, and then they will start yelling and screaming again because they won’t like the consequences of their own actions.

I also think it won’t turn out ‘well’ for anybody, but I’ll take my consequences for fighting against those vermin over living under their rule any day. I don’t see them as serious ‘opponents’. Those who want the state to run their lives aren’t very ‘self-reliant’ in any way, so IMO not going to be very good fighters either. They don’t train for it, whereas many of us do. They will suffer. We just have to remember that once it starts, we have to finish the job and not let them just run away.

13. lairdminor
    lairdminor March 26, 2018 1:23 pm

I live about an hour from Asheville. Not so funny around here.

I refuse to join the NRA, for a variety of reasons. But I would consider the GOA.

Joel March 26, 2018 3:01 pm

You ready for this?

Been preparing for it, off and on, since the ‘seventies. Part of me thinks it’s about damned time, let’s do this. Part of me is glad to have grown old before seeing it, so I can sit out all but the final bit.

The biggest part hopes this is just another false alarm.

15. John
    John March 26, 2018 5:17 pm

We have allowed the “progressive” (regressive) media and bureaucratic educators to feed ignorance to the youth, who are pawns in the process. It would be good if difficult, to do a flanking run at this process. To try sever the young from the despotic. The young are yet rather innocent. The string pullers of statist centralization of power are the true hostiles to human liberty. Properly my opponents.

16. larryarnold
    larryarnold March 26, 2018 11:26 pm

A D-party candidate for sheriff

And he walked it back, pronto.

I think the anti-gun folks are so blinded by media approval that they have no idea just how many real people they are p*ss*ng off.

Welcome aboard, Rochester. Last time the NRA went through an attack like this was when membership jumped from 3.5 million to 5 million.

17. Herman
    Herman March 27, 2018 2:57 am

So, the candidate wants to ban “military-style” rifles, to the point of “cold dead hands” stuff. Well, OK……..

A few years back a retired military guy of my aquaintance mentioned that he had sold his last AR-15, but that he had kept some magazines and 5.56 ammo, “just in case there are battlefield pickups.” When I questioned the wisdom of being AR-15-less, he added that at his age, with a brand-new knee and the docs mumbling about a fresh hip, he said the AR-15 sale money was going into a distance rifle. As he put it, “I can no longer run through the woods with the younger guys, so I’ll sit back about 800 meters with a bolt rifle and work from there. If it works on western elk, it’ll work on anything.”

Pat March 27, 2018 5:57 am

What Joel said.

The problem with false alarms is that they’re occurring closer and closer, and it may be harder to distinguish the real thing. Somebody might jump the gun (literally) and start the real thing in retaliation. A perceived attack could occur from either side.