Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Oh, lucky us. Our cellphones are soon to be subject to a FEMA-driven “presidential alert system” that we won’t be allowed to shut off.
- Ben Shapiro pens the very definition of socialism: “When government is everything, everything is crazy.”
- Humans aren’t the only ones who suffer from socialism. Don’t miss J. KB’s last three paragraphs.
- Speaking of which, Maduro raises Venezuela’s minimum wage by 3,000% (after 23 earlier increases since 2013). Workers lose jobs — but employers get in legal trouble for firing them without government permission. It’s getting surreal out there …
- It’s a good thing there are black markets for everything.
- With prices artificially soaring, how far are we from home-brew insulin?
- Yep, you knew they were going to do it. Dallas cops went out of their way to smear Botham Jean, the innocent man minding his own business in his own home when badge-wearer Amber Guyger broke in and killed him.
- Even the WaPo has to admit that the Feinsteinian attempt to tar Brett Kavanaugh with an anonymous letter alleging that he may have done something unpleasant when he was in high school nearly 40 years ago is utter sleaze.
- Queue Twilight Zone theme. Are they ever going to tell us what’s going on at that evacuated solar observatory? (H/T MJR)
- Someone who’s been there tells what it’s like to be the victim of a relentless
prosecution persecution or smear campaign.
- Via Myself in comments: Reefer madness marches on. Canadians engaged in the soon-to-be-legal cannabis trade will be treated as international drug traffickers if they try to enter the U.S.
- Starting Friday, all credit freezes in the U.S. will be free. While it’s a damned shame this had to be mandated by federal law, it’s a welcome protection against the incompetence of companies who steal our data then leave their systems wide open to freelance thieves.
- Lots of people have come up with depictions of hell as vivid as a George Romero movie. Nobody’s ever come up with a depiction of heaven that doesn’t sound like an eternal afternoon in a middlebrow church. Still, I must admit this is about the worst “heaven” I’ve ever heard of. Well, maybe not as nasty as Augustine or Aquinas’s heaven, which is cheerfully sadistic. But it’s certainly more dreary.
- Awesome do-it-yourself backyard design ideas.
- Cool, creepy creature grafitti.