- A “pro-gun” president now wants more federal gun control. Which gun groups are fighting Trump’s ineffective, obnoxious, and camel-nose-in-the-tent bump-stock ban?
- Sad if true: Why medical students are having a strangely hard time mastering surgery.
- Signal, the privacy-focused messaging app, has a new way of protecting users’ identity. (I still wouldn’t trust any app, but Signal seems to be the best of the real deals.)
- Maggie McNeill on changing the rules of communication to suit tyranny. Being a courtesan, she focuses on the current war on sex workers, but the general tactics apply far beyond her trade.
- Brazil’s new president (routinely tut-tutted by the MSM as some far-right fascist dictator), plans to move his country’s embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. The growing anti-Semitic wing of the left, exemplified by the BDS movement is going to hate him even more now.
- Ten impressive stories of real-life mercenaries. Not necessarily good guys, mind you. But impressive.
- Who knew? There was a real Mario behind SuperMario and he just died.
- A few days late, but damn, this Japanese town really does Halloween right. Love the art students who turned themselves into paintings — especially that one particular painting.
NOTE: All autographed copies of Basics of Resistance ordered since 10/29 went in the mail today. A couple had to travel far and may not arrive until 11/10, but they’re on their way. Three books left. Get ’em while you can.