- Months after cellular carriers promised to stop selling customer location data, they’re still at it.
- Don’t know how accurate this is. Or, if it’s accurate, how significant it is. So take it FWIW. Have Trumpian trade sanctions driven nations to “stone age trade” aka barter?
- The Four Thieves Collective teach us how to make our own medicines. A dangerously intriguing development. (H/T MJ)
- Will this bill fly? No idea. But if it does, this might become the first-ever reason (other than oil) to move to North Dakota. A bill with multiple sponsors aims to make ND a gun-rights sanctuary state.
- And the new bill introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives to legalize cannabis and regulate it like alcohol is … wait for it … H.R. 420.
- Violent, communist, prison-breaking, bigoted Angela Davis is a civil-rights activist??? Whodathunkit?
- Egypt bans sale of yellow vests. What are they so afraid of?
- The American Psychological Association has decreed that all you traditional males need your heads shrunk.
- Now they’re desperately trying to spin their way out of the mess they made.
- The healing power of nature. How walking in the rain saved my life.
- Today is National Apricot Day. I’ll eat to that!
- If you think you’ve won big in the lottery you might not want to tell your roommate.
The APA have lost their gorram minds long before this. I was working at a boarding highschool when “Oppositional-Defiant Disorder” became a thing. We used to call that “being a teenager.” I can only imagine what my insaneballs abusive sperm-donor would have done if he’d had an official Disorder- for which a minor can be forcibly theraputised or medicated- to hold over my head, let alone a compliant mental-health-headshrinker to help the business along. Boys and young men are already being medicated into ineducable zombiedom for merely being what most kids, leave alone most boys, actually are: rambunctious, curious, physically demonstrative and yes, sometimes, violent.* This latest opinion from the APA will without question be used to further this lunacy, and I doubt very much that this is not intentional. When I worked at that school, perhaps 1/5 of the medicated kids needed it. Now, that 20% REALLY needed it: the meds let that cohort live a normalish life and get shit done. In the past, those are the kids who ended up in the “Johnny Was A Bad Apprentice” half of a Hogarth engraving. But the other 80% of the medicated kids? Who made up probably 30% of the school population? They were being drugged up, pure and simple, for the convenience of their parents and previous teachers. One kid was taking a grown man’s dose of two different ADHD meds at 5’2 and 85lbs, looked like a Dachau survivor. The dose was so high that a friend with a psychopharmalogical background described it as the sort of level normally reserved for severe chronic depression. We got him weaned, but it took two years and a lot of late nights.
And into this mix the APA officially pathologizes masculinity. Wonderful.
* Where I currently live, such issues are addressed with Recess, after-school sports clubs, summer and winter camps, and a significantly shorter school day. Kids also have much less homework than in the States. Yet somehow they all seem to read, write, and speak at least one foreign language and do no worse than usual with al-Gebra. Funny, that.
+1 on walking in the rain.
Most people don’t walk their dogs in the rain which is a good thing while walking da Bones.
The American Psychological Association wants to stop people like this: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=446747623424
from being too toxically masculine. No man should be permitted to engage a heavily armed mass murderer, beat the stuffing out of him, while suffering injuries, and then tend to another wounded person while ignoring his own injuries. That is toxic masculinity, and must be stopped. I just wish the writers of the badassoftheweek article would clean up their language a bit, but otherwise it is a very good description of masculinity. True masculinity is a trait that the world needs much more of, not less. It means working for and sacrificing for others. It means defending the helpless. It means a man preparing himself to be able to do those things, in case the need arises. Training in boxing, jiu-jitsu, firearms use, and work skills are all helpful preparations for be properly masculine. There is no such thing as toxic masculinity.
[…] Claire Wolfe at Living Freedom Blog has Midweek links […]
Four Thieves would win the support of preppers everywhere if they would show how to make things like antibiotics, insulin, and albuterol at home.
That “walking in the rain” piece really caught my interest. I’m currently 64 years old, and I’ve noticed my cognitive abilities, especially creative imagination, declining. I’m physically fit, I’m an avid cyclist, and I love it and get plenty of cardio work that way. But on a road bike, at speed, you have to give it something close to your full attention — otherwise, the road rises up and bites you. I think I need to add some woods-walking. And I think I will. Thanks for the link!
Regarding HR 420, would that make them the MATFE? or maybe F-TEAM?