All right, children. It’s pop-quiz time! But don’t worry; I’m sure you’re all well prepared. Here goes.
1. The FDA gave full approval to the Pfizer COVID shot today (brand name
Comorbidity Comirnaty). Does that mean the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson shots must immediately halt, since emergency use authorizations are only valid if no approved treatment exists?
C. Who the &^%$# knows what the law says? Does anybody even care any more?
D. The government is always right; you should be reported for asking this question.
E. Kill all the unvaxxed!
2. The FDA approved the Pfizer COVID shot without holding hearings and without complete data from clinical trials, ignoring their own regulations. Does that mean that the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID shots are still completely legit?
B. Yes and No, because the government can do no wrong.
C. No, because they were never legit in the first place
D. Who the &^%$# knows what the law says? Does anybody even care any more?
E. Kill all the unvaxxed!
3. In Afghanistan the Biden administration “managed” the U.S. exit by telling the Taliban when it was going home, pulling soldiers out while leaving up to 50,000 U.S. and allied civilians behind with no exit plan, allowing primitive warlords to capture billions of dollars of sophisticated weaponry, screwing over NATO allies, blaming Donald Trump, but issuing a “sternly worded letter” ordering the Taliban to treat women better in the future. No one in the administration or the entire Democrat party seems to consider any of this a problem. However, this is a problem because (choose all that apply):
A. Chaos was inevitable, but holy cats, people, this gives new meaning to the word “incompetence.”
B. Chaos was inevitable, but jeez you didn’t have to go out of your way to encourage it.
C. Chaos was inevitable, but could have been mitigated it if you’d put less emphasis on critical race theory and a witch hunt for white supremacists in the military and more emphasis on, you know, strategy and tactics.
D. What the &^%$#! were we doing in Afghanistan — EVER?
E. Send all the unvaxxed to Afghanistan!
So. Last week I wrote about what to do when we’re screwed, noting how much faster our screwedness is advancing than ever before in our lifetimes.
This week doubled down. Even by the ever-abysmal standards of governments everywhere, the combination of incompetence, irresponsibility, dangerousness, and arrogance we’re witnessing now hasn’t been seen since … well, I dunno. Maybe the Caligula administration? (Although, as the joke goes, Caligula was better than we are because he put his entire horse into government, not just its ***.)
That’s why I’m conflating COVID shots with Afghanistan, why the title of this post is Afghanijabistan. Because, fellow citizens and stunned visitors from other worlds, the disasters are one and the same.
Which debacle will be the more deadly in the long run, time will tell. But you can bundle both up in the same corpse-stinking shroud of lieshysteriaforcepropagandawastecronyismandjustplainevil. Both are absolutely classic examples of how governments work — and how people keep falling for the same old tactics year after year, century after century, even when they have ample evidence that the government is not on their side and is in fact lying with every word any government representative utters.
Today I want to talk about the so-called vaccines, more accurately called treatments, inoculations, or anything other than vaccines. Because as is plain to the entire universe now, they never prevented illness, and all those “experts” making claims of 94% effectiveness were lying with the best of them.
I’ll start out by saying that I don’t care what your shot status or your opinion about PfizerModernaJanssen is. That’s your business. That used to be The American Way.
Most of my friends got inoculations. They know I didn’t. We are at peace. If you took your shots, I wish you well. If you didn’t, I wish you well.
I’m afraid of COVID, so I work hard to boost my immune system. I’m more afraid of sticking scantily tested chemicals into my body on the advice of government and media “experts” (“Brought to you by those good folks who gave you … Afghanistan! Vietnam! Bad advice on AIDS! MKUltra! The Tuskeegee Experiment!”) when decades of research have produced NO non-deadly coronavirus vaccine and NO successful mRNA vaccine.
There is mounting evidence that the shots may be more debilitating or deadly in the long run than COVID itself. That’s not proven. It’s far from a certainty. And in any case what’s best for one body may be hazardous to another. But … the truth is out there. And emerging despite the best efforts of all the cronies.
I do know that I’m one of the millions for whom forced inoculations are a line in the sand. All those years we thought the line in the sand might be drawn over guns or free speech. Here it is, carved deep, over something even more fundamental: our right to control our own bodies.
Today’s FDA decision (or so the media informs us smugly, though they don’t phrase it quite this way) opens the door to requiring the shots as a condition of functioning in society.
But — a bonus question on our pop quiz! — which way is it going to go from here? (Choose all that apply.)
A. Federally ordered vaccine passports;
B. Cronyist mandates in the form of businesses refusing to hire or serve the unvaxxed (this one’s a gimme; it’s already begun);
C. McCarthyesque smear campaigns and ostracisms;
D. Mob action against the unjabbed, but mostly online;
E. Serious, real-world mob action against the unjabbed, resulting in killings and property destruction
G. Forced inoculations under threat of imprisonment, death or other punishment (physical, financial, etc.)
H. (Even faster) economic collapse as 20-40% of employees refuse to submit and quit their jobs. (This one’s also a gimme; jab mandates have already created nurse shortages in hospitals across the country.)
I. Some other totalitarian or witch-hunting thing I haven’t thought of.
Well, yeah. All of the above and more are possible and some already well underway. But bigotry leading to potential mob action is the uptick I see this week.
Just as evidence emerges that the vaxxed are as vulnerable to infection as the unvaxxed (with the media still talking about “rare breakthrough cases” while new outbreaks sometimes see 50 or 75 or 83% of their victims in the fully jabbed category) rage and contempt against the unvaxxed seem to be ramping up to the point where, for the first time, multiples of my friends and acquaintances are reporting some sort of snub or threat because of their “unclean” status.
MY unclean status, too.
A few examples from the last few days:
* During a (physically distanced) restaurant lunch, an otherwise completely sane and nice man told me he and his wife were going to pack all their own food for an upcoming road trip from the Northwest to the rustbelt — solely to avoid contact with any humans in states like Wyoming that have low vax rates. I realized for the first time in a very personal way that people I like and who once liked me would hate me if they knew I was one of those people. My thoroughly vaxxed friend who was sitting at the table gave me significant glances but blessedly didn’t out me as a plague carrier.
* At a social event with workmates, a woman was shunned after she felt compelled by politeness to tell a hugger she wasn’t jabbed. A few co-workers braved the general climate to greet and sit with her, but word spread and most treated her as if she had cooties.
* One family is making contingency plans for when they lose not only their livelihood, but also the church they support and hoped would give them social support in return.
* People are reporting that their doctors are refusing to treat them if they haven’t submitted to the jab.
* Another woman wrote — right here in comments on last week’s post — that a neighbor she was dining with proposed sending all the east-U.S. unvaxxed to Gitmo and all the west-U.S. unvaxxed to Alcatraz. (Aside from the fact that said neighbor must not really understand the scope of the task, that’s a scary thing to hear someone say TO you and ABOUT you.)
* A mother refused to take her son’s weekly phone call because he wasn’t jabbed.
* And while this isn’t from the last few days, it’s been ongoing for a year. I was introduced to a person who made his career in vaccine development at one of the major pharmaceutical companies. He absolutely will not take the jab, but he no longer tries to explain his understanding to anybody. They treat him as if he’s tin-foil hat crazy merely because he disagrees with government “experts.”
Bigots almost universally believe that all the unvaxxed are flat-earthing, toothless psycho deplorables straight out of Deliverance — and the worst accusation of all, Trump v*ters! (even though the single largest percentage of vaccine refusal is among PhD holders). I’m pretty sure that the terrified acquaintance I shared my lunch table with simply assumed I was jabbed because I wasn’t drooling over a banjo while wearing a MAGA hat.
And worse, these bigots feel self-righteous in regarding their former compatriots this way. The concept that they themselves are about as hate-filled and judgmental of the “other” as a combined rally of the KKK and the American Nazi Party doesn’t occur to them.
Those dumb, dirty unvaxxed subhumans are KILLING PEOPLE. We, the superior members of the species, are dying because we tolerate such filthy vermin in our midst!
Yeah, well maybe it won’t come to the ultimate consequence of that kind of thinking. Maybe someone will will wake up to the fact that WE aren’t the ones infecting and killing people. And oh, isn’t that blame so conveniently placed to deflect attention from the “experts” making billions and seizing power as they set THEE against Me. And my friends. And a lot of other very good people who simply follow the evidence they see and practice the good old live-and-let-live — but who are now on the verge of becoming pariahs.
Maybe the political will simply won’t be strong enough to force us into either needle lines or camps. Maybe people will come to their senses.
Maybe enough people will come to understand that we are not “hesitant” but informed and adamant. Maybe somebody in Authoritah will ultimately realize that even if we are still vermin in his eyes, there are way, way, way too many millions to eradicate en masse.
Or maybe before this catastrophe of hatred goes too far some other kind of panic will be ginned up over some other subject and our verminous evils will suddenly become as irrelevant as the supposed evils of last year’s plastic straws.
But we all know, or ought to, what can happen once one group of people in a society are singled out as vermin — infectious, loathsome, deserving extermination by our very nature.
The gates of Hell opened today. I paraphrase a friend. Of course you could say that those gates have been open a long, long time. Maybe they just opened wider to accommodate more chaos. But today the FDA, an unelected, unaccountable tentacle of Our Beloved Government, swept away by diktat the last remaining barrier to forced inoculations and so-called vaccine passports.
And I keep saying, more and more these days, that while I’ve never gone wrong by being paranoid, I’ve many times gotten a nasty surprise after not being paranoid enough.
Dear people, vaxxed and unvaxxed: be ready.
We the Unvaxxed may lose our jobs, our doctors, our families, our support networks, even our freedom to enter a grocery store to feed ourselves. We may lose our freedom to make decisions about our own bodies. We have already lost the ability in many places to attend a concert, go to a sporting event, eat in a restaurant or go to a gym or a yoga class (NYC, L.A. and SF, for starters). How many thousands of you out there have quietly quit work? How many of you wonder what comes next?
Have a Plan A. Add a Plan B and Plan C — because the craziness is moving so rapidly we can’t really predict anything these days. If Plans A, B, and C all fall through, at least you’ll have adjusted to being flexible.
Have plans to get OUT of places where you’re forbidden to function. Then have backup plans, because cutting off transportation routes is already a favorite of authoritarians, and one of the easiest totalitarian acts to justify.
Have plans for self defense, whether against freelance mobs, soldiers of the regime, or insane do-gooders running door-to-door jabbing squads
Keep a low profile — for now. In public pretend you’re just another conforming “normal.” Unless of course you’re an Agitator who thrives on confrontation or has already had as much “normal” as s/he can stomach.
Read this article offered by Noah Body in the comment section on last week’s blog. And remember: You cannot argue with a crazed mob — not even when that mob is made up of your friends, family, and neighbors.
You, our vaxxed but tolerant allies, are going to face your own trials, too. Just defending the currently undefendable may get you censored, banned, and condemned. Merely asking too many questions or watching the “wrong” videos may get you in hot water. As the unvaxxed abandon jobs and travel and whatever else we may be forced to abandon to keep the integrity of our own bodies, you’ll also suffer the economic consequences of their desertion, whatever those consequences may be.
Things are moving fast. Insanely fast.
We really don’t know how far this hatred is going to go. We can’t be ready. But we must be ready.