- Liberty’s friend Stewart Rhodes gets the opening paragraph of a Newsweek article. Too darned bad it’s an article titled “Hate” and filled with all the usual MSM bigotry toward everybody who isn’t a government supremacist. They also give Stewart the closing paragraph — while quoting “words of wisdom” from Bill O’Reilly that are neither wise nor historically accurate. Guess neither Mr. O’R nor the Newsweek screed writer understand the coup the Supremes pulled in Marbury v Madison.
- Can’t say I like the term “sheeple.” But Philalethes is correct: this picture is worth a thousand words.
- Yeah, as Joel says, it’s not really about guns.
- Hey, Time magazine. Why weren’t you editorializing like this before ObamaCare passed?
- And how come we’re just finding out all this stuff now?
- In case I don’t think to mention it later this week (or in case you need a few days to drum up the money), April 15 is Buy a Gun Day. (Tip o’ hat to Pat, who dropped that link into a recent comments section.) (NOTE: Link was good last night, but is yielding a 503 error this morning. I’ll leave it a while & see what happens.)
- One more reason not to watch TV.
- Awesome approaches to portable living. I just love stuff like this.
- Finally, a personal message. Hey, Big Web Site. You know who you are — you’re the one that visits this blog every day to mine my links. I don’t care that you do it. They’re not really my links, after all. I got them from someplace else. And it’s good to see certain items get the much, much wider circulation you can give. But when you pick something up off a blog, a hat tip and a link back are … well, just plain good netiquette. And when a Great Big Site like you mines links from l’il ole me here in the backwoods … well, c’mon, tip your friendly server with a link back. Please?
The sheeple link doesn’t seem to work 🙁
The Harley-Davidson home was built by a member of my church, who builds them for interested parties. If anyone is interested, I can get his contact info.
A.G. You might try again. I just did and the link works for me. TWO broken links in one post would be TOO much!
But how cool that you know the person who built one of those very innovative “mobile homes.”
The link wouldn’t work for me either but I found another pic called sheeple.jpeg here http://www.lookingglassnews.org/articles/jun06/sheeple.jpeg
Prob not the same pic, but cute/true/scary anyway.
Thanks, Karen. Yep, different picture, but also good.
It just occurred to me that the original sheeple pic Philalethes sent the link to … well, it might not be quite safe for work (though it’s not too much so) and perhaps some filters are keeping you from accessing it. All I know is that link works fine for me. But it’s nice to have the second pic. 🙂
Yep, ff42, that’s the one. I hope people who’ve had trouble with the link can reach your alternate. Thanks for hunting it down.
That pic looks like a tornado drill at a nudist retreat…
I don’t really like the term sheeple either. On that note, here’s a funny webcomic: http://xkcd.com/610/
Speaking of sheeple, here’s a commercial application, from Australia:
Thanks for the comic, Winston.