Press "Enter" to skip to content
- You know you have waaaaay too much government at every level when you repeatedly read stories like this one.
- And remember those no-down, 1-percent interest mortgages I goggled about a couple of weeks ago? Well, the USDA isn’t the only government outfit that has a darned weird idea of how mortgages should be handled in the post-bubble world. Sheesh!
- Via LRC.com: Project Vigilant. Do you get the feeling that the patriotic rhetoric — and the allegedly private financing — are just a smoke-screen?
- Via Joel and a whole lot of other places as the news spreads: Such a surprise! The feds were lying about not storing all those porno-scans. Just like they lied about precisely how pornographic the scans actually are. Imagine that. Your government lying to you. Who would ever have thunk it?
- The economy sucks — but corporations are sitting on mountains of healthy cash, right? Hoarding cash, as the financial press tells us. Uh … no. Money quote: “A look at the facts shows that companies only have ‘record amounts of cash’ in the way that Subprime Suzy was flush with cash after that big refi back in 2005.”
- Okay, on the brighter side. There are all kinds of dog stories. Funny. Inspiring. Heartbreaking. Heartwarming. Some are inspiring and heartbreaking at the same time. But this one? This one is downright bizarrito.