- Talk about government by the people! (Well, if you don’t count the quotas. And a few other things.) But then, this is Iceland. Which has historically had some interestingly anarchic ideas about law and social organization. (Tip o’ hat to Pat.)
- Boy, I wish U.S. politicians had the gumption to tell it as straight as this. But every time one even gets close, the media jumps all over him about “civility” and the dumb sap apologizes. Somehow, I don’t think this guy is in any mood to say, “Sorry.” (Short video.)
- One chart that says so much about the way things are. “Recovery,” indeed.
- If you or I treated a dog this way, we’d be arrested. If you or I treated a police dog this way, we’d be convicted felons. Or possibly shot dead. But you see, it’s perfectly okay — even normal! — to do this to a police dog if you’re a cop. (Via Radley Balko)
- Airport Speedos. Pretty damn funny that The Snoop Authority kept trying to get the guy to put more clothes on. So they could … you know, better look at his naked body.
- Common sense on preparedness. Especially for the overwhelmed. Or the over-focused.
- Awwww … thank you, Joel.
- Guns and Weed: The Movie. Co-starring our own MamaLiberty. Well, isn’t that cool?
- And this, too. Backwoods Home was about to stop accepting multi-year subscriptions because of the threat of inflation. Then Esteemed Publisher Dave got a bright idea: Subscriptions for silver.
BTW, autographed book sales end tomorrow. I’m placing an order today with Paladin Press for as many copies of Bad Attitude as I think I’m going to need. (Yep, ran out again!) So if you’re still planning on ordering, particularly if your order might include multiple copies of BA, best do it now.
Any orders placed now that include The Bad Attitude Guide to Good Citizenship should go out by the end of this week. And thank you all again. This has been the best book sale ever.