Press "Enter" to skip to content
- World ended yesterday. Hm. Didja notice? I didn’t.
- Well then. Since we still appear to be here: ten everyday acts of resistance that changed the world.
- Ten incredibly cool homemade toys you could really hurt yourself with.
- The feds are moving Bradley Manning to Leavenworth. Where he might get slightly better conditions. We can hope. But notice the use of that word “detained.” Is it just me, or are the uses of “detained” getting creepier by the day? Didn’t there used to be a connotation of “slightly inconvenienced, momentarily delayed”? Now it’s getting closer to meaning “disappeared without a trace into some freaking dank, spider-filled dungeon out of an old movie with no more due process than Evil Prince John or Edward Longshanks would have given his worst enemy.”
- P.J. O’Rourke didn’t like Atlas Shrugged, either. But at least he was witty about it.