- Good work up there, you Canadians! But don’t you always get a kick out of these statistics on the size of underground economies? Seriously. They know this how? (Tip o’ hat to C^2.)
- Remember, when your camera-containing device gets “lost” or ever-so-slightly altered in police custody, there’s always this. (Tip o’ hat to S^2.) Oh, the little people are getting so uppity!
- You know something will soon fall down and go bust when “experts” are this confident that everything is rosy.
- July 4 by Thomas Sowell.
- Two really good (and coincidentally related) ones from Get Rich Slowly: “Defining Your Financial Future” and “What Do You Care What Other People Think?”
- Is shyness an evolutionary tactic? So asks the New York Times. They’re talking more about introversion than actual shyness, though for sure the two go together. And the answer is — no freaking surprise — of course.
Everbank.com’s “Daily Pfennig” says the 10-year is back above 3%, this morning.
As long as we keep “printing paper” as we are still doing–albeit rather sub rosa–we will see the stock market remaining full of optimists. Absent untoward events in foreign climes, of course. But, based upon the fundamentals of a self-sustaining and profitable economy, the stock market is pretty much smoke and mirrors.
So, why do people call it “the 4th of July”? http://wyliberty.org/commentary/the-fourth-of-july/
Here’s a post I did back in 2005 – http://libertynews.org/stop-wishing-everyone-quothappy-4th-of-julyquot.html
It even mentions Claire’s TCF Combat Rifle Postal Match 🙂
Good heavens, LibertyNews. That’s an oldie but goodie.
You give me more credit than I deserve for the postal rifle matches, though. I was a mere entrant. I can’t recall now who invented those competitions. It might have been Ian, now of The Independent Spirit blog. But might have been somebody else or a group effort. Lots of fun, though.
I’ve just learned that the website for Atlas Shrugged Part II have just been put up.