- “Five Financial Lessons You’ll Learn from the Zombie Apocalypse.” Uh … yeah.
- Bovard on raising hell in subsidized housing. Typical government solution to a government problem.
- I’ve been wondering how long it would be before commentators started predicting the killer-rabbit moment.
- “Pope Tells Pilgrims to Stay True to Faith.” Why is this “news”? Why on freaking earth is this news? It’s right up there with the headline the MSM prints every six months or so: “Pope Prays for World Peace.” I mean, nothing against Catholicism. As religions go, it was one of the best I ever tried out. The pope might even be a decent fella for all I know. But really, what does anyone expect the pope to say? Forget all that faith stuff and party hearty? A few nukes would go good right about now? How on freaking earth does this “pope endorses faith” stuff qualify as “news”? You’d get more actual news at Kim Kardashian’s wedding.
- Speaking of religion … I could almost kinda sorta like some things about Rick Perry. I mean aside from him being a warmongering corporate shill, you know. But this part, no way …
I have as much respect for Gov Rick Perry as for
President Obama or any other selfserving liar
and enemy of the constitution.
2007 after the Va Tech murders Perry brayed
loudly that anyone with Texas CHL should
go armed anywhere they wish.
To get Texas CHL you give fingerprints, are cleared
by FBI and Texas DPS, attend classes, demonstrate
safe gun handling and accurate shooting on a range.
Since then in two sessions of Texas
Legislature Perry and other fools in office
insisted that they were considering CCW on
campus, deliberately stalled, and allowed
the bill to die in committee.
I presume that anyone on campus with illegal
concealed pistol would go to prison.
I can thank Rick Perry and the wussies in Texas
legislature when a smirking, swaggering psycho kills
students and teachers on campus.
I am disgusted.
Subsidized housing-right out of high school, I briefly worked for a place that did maintenance on public housing..one I called Stalag 17(all it needed was guard towers..it looked like a POW camp, almost-big blocks of apartments). The place was about three years old at the time and looked like a Mayan ruin. The weren’t built with inferior materials or techniques or anything,just really high rate of wear-n-tear. I felt sorry for the children who had to live in such a place.
I spent about 2 years in married student housing at Louisiana State in the mid 80s. The buildings were about 20 years old at the time. This was by far the best apartment experience I had in about 12 years of apartment living. On the other side of town there was a complex of low income housing. The buildings were an almost exact copy of the complex I lived in. LSU had designed and built the one I lived in in the late 60s, and the state/city had copied it. It was one of the worst slums in the nation. So bad that it had to be torn down. The only difference was the residents, and a minimal set of rules (keep your front porch clean, don’t annoy your neighbors, obey the law) enforced by the university.
What is good to read and shouldn’t be news, but is:
I hope this doesn’t get caught in a spam filter due to links.
This Pope is a good and holy one. He gave a press conference to talk about the abuse crisis on his plane while coming to the US. While subbing in for the ailing Pope JP2 in a Good Friday Stations of the Cross, he spoke of the filth that was in the Church.
I write this because I know of the (righteous) anger towards the Church. But yes, he shouldn’t have to tell the faithful to stay true to the faith.
Here’s a First Amendment violation.
I think the link pretty much described itself.