1. Kent McManigal
    Kent McManigal April 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Crime most fowl!

I wanna grow up to be a Chicken Outlaw. Why did the chicken break the law? Because it was a stupid “law”.

Claire April 13, 2012 1:03 pm

“Crime most fowl!” GROAN (wish I’d thought of that).

MamaLiberty April 13, 2012 2:02 pm

“No one is suggesting a complete overhaul of Title VII; just a little tweaking will do the trick. Right now, the Secretary of Agriculture has full control of all the nation’s producers—those who have hundreds, sometimes, thousands of animals as well of those of us with small, managed herds and flocks.”

See, they’re just fine with SOMEONE ELSE being regulated to death… just not THEM.

A “little tweaking” will never change the fact that when some people are given power – ANY POWER – over other people, tyranny is the inevitable result.

Until they figure that one out, they are all set for the next jackboot to land on their neck… and they’ll have earned it.

4. M
    M April 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Yeah – but, this one is “good” because it will prevent “abuse”:

“U.S. trial program would spy on Internet users to prevent animal abuse”

“The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) offered an unusual contract (PDF) this month, soliciting bids from private software developers for a trial program that would scour the Internet for detailed information on all animal sales, potential animal welfare abuses and other unlawful economic activities relating to animals within the U.S.”

See that? All Animal Sales. I’m sure it has NOTHING to do with free trade or taxation………………………………..

Claire April 13, 2012 6:45 pm

OMG, Grey Lady. That’s hysterical. And it’s not off-topic at all. That definitely falls into the category of “chicken crimes.”

6. Ellendra
    Ellendra April 15, 2012 7:44 pm

This is the first time I’ve ever heard of Johne’s disease, and I grew up listening to my grandparents talk about their dairy herd. If it’s that prevelant, why is it I’ve heard about rarer cattle diseases more often?

7. Ellendra
    Ellendra April 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Answered my own question with a little more research. It seems that the author’s data is a little, well. I find it hard to believe that “this always fatal disease” has only a 1% mortality rate. And I would love to know where he got the 90% infection rate from.