- In the news you can use department: “Situational Awareness” by our own MamaLiberty. Nice work, Mama.
- Though I’d like to know more of the background of this particular incident, it appears that the War on Food continues to ravage the Country Formerly Known As the Land of the Free. (H/T/ JS)
- “A Biblical Threat to National Security.” And you plan to persuade Muslims how? that the U.S. military isn’t conducting a holy crusade against them? (Tip o’ hat to J.B.)
- “Who Destroyed the Middle Class?”
- Sooooooo, do you think PBS would report this sympathetically if a Caucasian family decided to try to “buy white” for a year? I searched the article and the words “race,” “racist,” or “racism” do not appear. Not even in passing.
- Jamie Dimon says traders in the JPMorgan unit behind a $2 billion loss had little understanding of the risks they took. Ya think???
- Here’s your dog-related Awwwww moment of the day. And its one on which you could even help if you want to: a disabled man will walk cross country to raise funds to help his own disabled dog — and others. (In the small-world way of the Internet, the moment this appeared on a list I frequent, one of the long-time listers spoke up to say she knew both man and dog personally and often stopped to scritch the dog outside her office.) UPDATE: He got the help he needed without ever leaving the city of Billings but is still willing to do his cross-country walk to “pay it forward.” Walking for Red Facebook page with updates and cute dog pix for those who indulge.
Finally, have a little nerd-cat humor 🙂