Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Tribes. (Aka help Tam, Queen of Snark, and maybe win some cool gunstuff.)
- Hm. Happy life? Meaningful life? Choices … choices …
- How to devise more secure passwords. (Yeah, we’ve been here before; always a good reminder, though.)
- I know some cynics think Obama and Eric Holder will kill recreational cannabis in Washington and Colorado. They’ll try. But this is a battle they’re going to lose. The new legalization is already making waves in Mexico. And having a very, very real effect on prosecutions in Washington state.
- Hey, look! Europe has turned the corner and is headed for financial stability! Yeahhhh. If you “turn the corner” every three months (as pundits are wont to proclaim), how long before you get hopelessly lost in the maze? (H/T. JS)
- I’m seeing so many stories like this I’m beginning to think Occupy Wall Street is turning into the old Diggers. Or rather the newer old Diggers. (Like ’em or not, they’re doing something good and on a strictly voluntary, spontaneous-order basis.)
- Unlike FEMA, for instance.
- And while you’re contemplating those happy/meaningful choices, here’s a lesson in perspective. Linds Redding wrote this while dying of cancer. Linds Redding was a creative type who left the ad business. So was I. Lucky for me, I reached the same conclusions for similar reasons 20 years younger than he did and without the fatal reality check. (Yes, of course, you can have both happiness and meaning.)
- Oh yeah. Now he regrets having been a member and builder of the Petraeus cult. But pal, wasn’t it your job as a journalist to be skeptical all along?