Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Too bad granite slabs don’t include a spellchecker
- “Epitaph for a Four Star.” A scathing retrospective on Petraeus from a military man. (H/T EN, who knows the author)
- Um … lessee if I understand this correctly. You can’t quit favoring women and minorities because it violates the equal protection clause???
- The Seattle PD has done a lot of baaaad things. But once in a while they get it right. They just hired a former journalist from an alternative weekly to write a handbook to cannabis legalization. It’s called “Marijwhatnow?” Among other advice: “Hold your breath.”
- This fascinating story about linguists and code-crackers uncovering a heretofore unknown secret society is long and detailed enough I thought I might save it for a weekend read. But what the heck; you geek types and scholars will find this an excellent way to avoid Monday morning. (H/T JG)
- Great WSJ profile on F.I.R.E., the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, those great free-speech, anti-PC fighters.
- Preparedness goes mainstream in the NYT. (Yes, you’ll shudder at the man exposing himself and his family in the photo.) (Tip o’ hat to Jim Bovard)