- We were all probably hoping and thinking that Glenn Greenwald and his partner David Miranda weren’t behaving stupidly while sending/transporting Snowden documents over international borders. Alas, perhaps they were.
- Even if you’re in major anti-news mode, you’ve probably heard about or seen Miley Cyrus’ grotesque “twerking” performance a few days back. The ‘Net has been full of tsking about the way “Hannah Montana” turned on her little-girl fans with her crude display of sexuality. But everybody’s missing the point, you see. It’s not that Cyrus’ performance was over-sexualized. It’s that it was racist! Yes. Seriously. Racist. I think this sets a new low, not only for crude televised performances, but for what the left can twist into “racism.”
- Speaking of racism, in all the hopped-up fooraw about this week’s 50th anniversary of the “Dream” march on Washington (and if you listen to NPR, as I do, it’s been “all March all the time” lately), what’s with editing Charlton Heston out of the coverage? Yes, folks, gun-owning white guys can be for civil liberties, too.
- Oh yes, America’s secret UberGovernment has been busy, busy, busy.
- It’s good news that Holder has finally decreed he won’t whack Washington and Colorado for legalizing cannabis. Great news for one of Washington’s most beaten-down little communities, which has been hanging in suspense for months. But there are so many ifs, ands, buts, and potential catches.
Good analysis of the Holder pot memo at SimpleJustice.
It really shows nowadays that the far left in America is descended from the old Democrats, what with the KKK and all. Basically this lady is saying that yes, her performance was low-brow and vulgar as hell, and she’s racist because…that’s what black culture is. (minstrel show? really?)
Hey, I’m jaded enough these days to admit that they’re right about that. If that wasn’t the case, and your average black person actually read stuff like this and understood it then these sad little self loathing people would probably suddenly find it a lot harder to make a living trying to carry a modern, more metaphorical white man’s burden on the internet.
Um, what is “twerking”? 🙂
Looks like Miley’s tongue got a workout.
I tell my son that much of human activity boils down to rubbing body parts, and thinking, talking and planning about rubbing body parts.
Vulgarity is Vulgarity. Regardless of race.
Take a look that the comments section for the “debate” going on there.
Oh, offhand I still believe that there’s something in the waters of Hollywood that’s making all these celebreties acting like such NUTS!!!
A rational view of Miley Cyrus