- So you still don’t think Google Glass is creepy? Well how ’bout when New York City cops are testing it? (H/T MJR)
- “The repentant informant.” This article on liberty’s former friend Stacy Litz was published last year. The reporter (whose name really, truly is Jason Nark) interviewed me but forgot to tell me when the story hit, which is why I’m late with the news. I’m not quoted, but he does reference the booklet the Commentariat collaborated on: Rats! So pat yourselves on the back. You’re famous. 🙂
- Cops do the usual no-knock dawn raid. On the usual word of a lying informant. Resident, believing he and his pregnant girlfriend are in danger, shoots and kills a deputy. Cops find pot. A grand jury refuses to indict. Even a blogger cop says it’s the right decision. And you thought there were no such things as miracles.
- Unfortunately, the usual *&^%$ still goes on. But you know … credit card fraud was involved. And somebody in the house had a concealed carry permit. So of course any amount of coppish violence is totally, absolutely justified. If you don’t think so you must be a domestic terrorist or something.
- Uh oh. Tricksy, buggy Adobe Flash now carries malware that can infect even Linux machines and Macs. Guess the good old days are truly over.
- Here’s more on Freespeechme.org from MWD. For nerdstuff, this is pretty lucid. And he very kindly tells me he’s snagged me a clairewolfe.bit domain name just in case.
- And never forget, no matter how weird the world gets, we can always enjoy the puppies. So here, via MLS, are big dogs who don’t realize they are.
RE Litz: I was going to say something here, but my comments started getting long. For anyone interested, here’s what I had to say.
I uninstalled Flash last year after an update came bundled with McAfee malware. My plan was to reinstall it if there was any good reason and I had nothing better to do with my life than deal with the most recent stunt from Adobe. Since my livelihood doesn’t depend on viewing Internet videos, I just pass on anything that requires Flash. I continue to take on-line courses, stream movies, watch YouTube videos and find plenty of on-line amusements all without Flash. Good riddance!!!
Mari, if you decide you want Flash again, the download page gives you the option to not include McAfee.
Frankly I think all interactions with cops should be recorded. At least when the cops show their true nature, there will be some evidence to use against them.
That blogger cop’s post on the dead deputy disgusted me- so badly I didn’t even comment there because of what I knew I would say. I’m glad that cop died in the act of doing something wrong, and I wish it happened every single time cops choose to violently invade a home. You kick in a door; I hope you die. Otherwise, how we’ll burn in the camps…
In the article there is a reference to “Rats!” but no link. Pity. Of course you can find it with a google search, but a link in the article would have been nice.
Good thing for Liar Litz that she narked on boho, SWPL types of folks like herself. If she tried that stuff around where I live she’d likely end up on the receiving end of a hard core beat-down or a bullet through the noggin. No snitching isn’t just political philosophy it’s survival tactic.
The old idea of writers and artists being funded by wealthy patrons, but with a modern-day crowdsourcing twist: http://www.patreon.com/
Not yet 40, I am just old enough to have witnessed the great covers of dime store pulp prior to its demise. A lot has been said about album cover artwork, but I miss this equally: http://weirdtalesmagazine.com/2013/11/09/marketing-the-mythos-four-decades-of-the-lovecraftian-aesthetic-in-paperback/tomb-bob-fowke/
Not all covers are equal here, but they are all attention grabbing. I have more links, depending on your geek level.