Monkeywrench the antigunners

Opportunities for monkeywrenching have sadly diminished in this age of omni-surveillance and can’t-take-a-joke fearmongering. But all is not lost!

John Richardson over at No Lawyers — Only Guns and Money, had an irresistible monkeywrench land right in his email box. And you, too, can take advantage of it without risk. (Until the antis figure out what’s happening, anyhow.)

Go. Check it out. Cost some sanctimonious (and law-breaking) antigunners some of their government-earned cash.

—–

UPDATE — Looks like the monkeywrench was working well enough that they caught on. Per Mark in comments: “The link leads to a page that says you must contribute at least $25 to get the book, so no more monkeywrench.” And no more “we know some people won’t contribute enough to cover the cost, but that’s okay …”

1. Mac the Knife
    Mac the Knife September 14, 2014 3:25 pm

I would but I do not want them to have my address and email address.

2. Jim B.
    Jim B. September 14, 2014 11:10 pm

I wouldn’t mail them a brick on their own dime.

I’d mail them a concrete block on, at least, a Tenner.

3. david
    david September 15, 2014 7:35 am

I’m not sure this costs anyone anything. It cost them nothing to write it, except maybe a fee paid by the publisher for the ghost writer, which probably wasn’t much (I’m sure Mark and Gabby didn’t write it themselves). And the thing is selling enough copies to ‘the choir’ at full price that likely all you’re doing is making the profit a bit smaller, not actually costing them a dime.

I may be wrong, but I imagine that a book ‘run’ in print is based on some calculus of anticipated sales vs. lowest cost to print – and if they can’t make a profit even if the sales target isn’t met, they don’t publish. (Claire – is that correct? You’re published and I’m not….) So if I’m correct, paying a dollar is just another dollar on the ‘credit’ side instead of the ‘debit’ side. All it does is minutely change the anticipated fraction between the two.

On the other hand, if there are enough pages, it might be cheap enough to hang in the outhouse and ‘read’ one page at a time…! Just shoot a hole thru the upper left corner and put a string through it.

4. Jan
    Jan September 15, 2014 11:08 am

Your name goes onto a list of gun-control supporters that will be used to show how many people support the movement. Ordering the book doesn’t seem like a productive action to me.

5. Mark
    Mark September 15, 2014 2:31 pm

Claire September 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Mark — Thanks and LOL! I guess the monkeywrench was working then.

7. LarryA
    LarryA September 15, 2014 11:48 pm

For a real book, you’re correct. However for a vanity book, where publication and distribution is more important than profit, they simply calculate how much they can afford to spend.

Even if they want a profit, theoretically it’s worth it to take a loss on a copy of a propaganda book like this one, figuring that it will be circulated beyond the original owner.

I guess they figured out that monkeywrenchers were unlikely to donate copies to a library. We’re more of david’s persuasion.

The delicious part is imagining them sitting around the conference table whining about how it’s not fair that there are so many more of us.