Ya know, takes a lot longer to come up with a links dump of good, useful stuff than collect a bunch of interesting nooz. But we try, we try.
- Free will. Not just an illusion any more. You already knew that, didn’t you?
- “Sit less, live longer.” And it’s not even about exercise, just about not sitting.
- The countries with the highest levels of well-being.
- Why Richard Branson is giving employees the freedom to take unlimited leave.
- I owe someone a hat tip for this, but pardon me I’ve lost track of whom. How not to be ignorant about the world. Aka all those things people think they know but don’t really know at all.
- Speaking of which, here’s a perfect example of how bogus “knowledge” gets institutionalized.
- This is mostly, wildly, bogus — just a pseudointellectual way to say, “Libertarians are wrong.” The writing style is also thick as a brick. But that said, it’s one of those things worth reading. If you’ve got the time and patience for it.
Finally some thanks are in order. I didn’t mean to bleg when I wrote about the latest roof troubles. Yeah, that was a shock and a blow (and not only to the structure). But it’s also … well, life in old houses. After what you guys already did, I’m not asking a thing.
But yesterday, in came two $50 donations. So big thanks, MK and SH, for lifting my mood — and helping lift that wacky roof.