- Intriguing DIY all-terrain cart/carrier. (H/T MJR)
- Drawing — by hand, even doodling — enhances memory and other cognitive functions.
- Remember last week’s remotely hacked Jeep? Chrysler has now recalled … well, basically every car it’s made lately. No need to take your auto to the shop, though: just wait for the USB stick or download the software. OTOH, given the company’s record of mishandling recalls, don’t be too optimistic.
- New micro device delivers drugs directly to the brain. Not my brain, buddy!
- “Don’t Blame Trump; Blame America.” Once you get past the offensive title there’s a lot to agree with. (Tip o’ hat to MJR)
- And yes, the SJWs have gone completely around the bend. Latest target: Dante. The Divine Comedy, one of the great classics of literature*, is no longer fit to be taught in schools because Dante Alighieri, who lived 800 years ago, failed to hold approved modern opinions. Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate indeed!
* Which I once read in the original Italian. Not that I’m bragging or anything. Couldn’t do it today and even then I had to have an Italian dictionary at hand, not to mention a guide to the characters (oddly enough, hell turns out to be largely populated by medieval Italians, many of them Dante’s political enemies). I also skipped most of the Purgatorio and the Paradiso. Nobody, not even Dante, has ever come up with a description of heaven that isn’t a total snooze. The gruesome Inferno is the only part anybody cares about. It may be Great Literature, but entertainmentwise, it’s the medieval equivalent of a slasher flick.