Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Of the new Omni-bust budget deal Jim Bovard sez: “Republican congressional leaders are like a football coach who believes the secret to winning is to punt early and often.”
- Rand Paul sez stop the bill — and he has some fairly decent ideas for alternatives.
- OTOH, Marijuana.com sez there are a couple of decent provisions in the 2,000 page monster sellout.
- On the other other hand, the USPS announces a completely unsurprising but curiously retro policy on carrying publications that contain — gasp! — ads for the dreaded Demon Weed. One wonders why they couldn’t have just kept their mouths shut and carried the mail, given that the times are changing.
- FIJA-philes win another “jury tampering” case. (H/T jed)
- This book sounds intriguing. Possibly futile, but maybe a good picker-upper for the freedomista remnant. And who knows? Millennials are showing a heartening interest in liberty; it might inform and encourage them, too. It’s Robert Curry’s Common Sense Nation: Unlocking the power of the American idea. Review by John Tamny. And of course … Amazon link.
- Ya really gotta wonder how people discover such stuff. Apparently you can break into Linux systems (with Grub2 bootloaders) by pressing the backspace key 28 times. A fix is already in the works. (H/T MJR)
- Cabin Porn! (via Kyle MacL in comments). Not yuppie tiny-house pretensions, but the real deal.