Press "Enter" to skip to content
- Guess what the most popular work at the UN library is. A thesis on how to avoid being charged with war crimes. Not how to avoid committing war crimes. Just how to avoid punishment. (H/T jb)
- Several major car makers are partnering up with Linux. While this is a lot better than the recent features about those partnering with Microsoft, I generally wish they’d all stay the heck out of any automobile I ever own, except for entirely optional, turn-offable devices. (H/T MJR)
- Another inspiring story about the life-changing power of going debt free.
- Who says a porno-graphic can’t be your legitimate signature? NSFW and sorry about that, but it’s another interesting tale of whether the state or the individual controls identity. (H/T jb)
- Speaking of porn, you’ve probably seen the latest TSA child-molestation video. What fascinates and depresses me is the father’s “I love the security state, BUT …” attitude. Not to worry, of course. Procedures were followed. Not to mention guidelines. No mistakes were made.
- Washingtonian magazine dubiously “credits” Jim Bovard for one of the DC outrages of the year.
- Your awwwwww story for today doesn’t involve dogs or cats (or even a giant jumping spider, which I admit is more of an ewwwwww story) . It’s about a baby saved by an innovative surgeon and a $20 device.