Press "Enter" to skip to content
- The feds have broken the Oregon standoff with arrests and one killing. A remnant remains. Leaders were apparently lured out on the pretext of attending a community meeting and trapped at a roadblock. Why? Why not wait them out? (H/T db)
- David Codrea exposes and righteously blasts the latest junk-science
study op-ed from “prestigious” anti-gun medical sources.
- “Does stupidity cause gun control, or does gun control cause stupidity?” Bear Bussjaeger speculates.
- I’ve never understood the mentality that official (or family) wrongdoing is fine as long as no one exposes it and that any person exposing the wrongdoing is somehow the problem. I’ve experienced that mentality, God knows (haven’t we all?), but I’ll never understand it as long as I live. Anyhow … sometimes justice eventually prevails. (H/T jed in comments)
- Speaking of exposing wrongdoing … Are we witnessing the fall of the House of Clinton? We can only hope.
- Kinda funny. Not surprising, though. The most overconfident students (in one study, at least) are in political science. (Even more interesting where the least confident are — the fields that require hard evidence.)
- Another drawback of license plate readers. Ugh. Ick. Ptooey!
- The most fascinating thing about this grid-down survivalist book is that it’s written by respected, ultra-establishment newsman Ted Koppel.