- The feds have broken the Oregon standoff with arrests and one killing. A remnant remains. Leaders were apparently lured out on the pretext of attending a community meeting and trapped at a roadblock. Why? Why not wait them out? (H/T db)
- David Codrea exposes and righteously blasts the latest junk-science
study op-ed from “prestigious” anti-gun medical sources.
- “Does stupidity cause gun control, or does gun control cause stupidity?” Bear Bussjaeger speculates.
- I’ve never understood the mentality that official (or family) wrongdoing is fine as long as no one exposes it and that any person exposing the wrongdoing is somehow the problem. I’ve experienced that mentality, God knows (haven’t we all?), but I’ll never understand it as long as I live. Anyhow … sometimes justice eventually prevails. (H/T jed in comments)
- Speaking of exposing wrongdoing … Are we witnessing the fall of the House of Clinton? We can only hope.
- Kinda funny. Not surprising, though. The most overconfident students (in one study, at least) are in political science. (Even more interesting where the least confident are — the fields that require hard evidence.)
- Another drawback of license plate readers. Ugh. Ick. Ptooey!
- The most fascinating thing about this grid-down survivalist book is that it’s written by respected, ultra-establishment newsman Ted Koppel.
In regard to the Oregon ambush: Crap. Not surprising crap, but crap nonetheless. The one thing government goons can never stand to be accused of is “doing nothing” – so they will always, either through an inability to listen to criticism or just old-fashioned boredom, end up doing the violent thing. Violence and the threat of violence is really all they’ve got, and when the second thing fails the first one will ensue.
That said, the occupation was extraordinarily stupid. If you’re going to do something like initiate an armed standoff with federal thugs, it would be good to have an achievable objective.
That license plate thing would definitely have been in the book if I hadn’t already published it. Ouch.
I need to get back to ignoring all this crap and living my life ASAP.
Clinton is toast, and Koppel’s a prepper?
The end is nigh.
@LarryA: You said it. Not all that surprised about Hillary though. I’ve seen enough stories about how people are staying away from her rallies and appearances in droves. It seems the main thing she has going for her is her own political machine.
Meanwhile: Watch a guy invite deadly snakes to bite him — to prove a point.
> Are we witnessing the fall of the House of Clinton?
Uh, With mom still running, Chelsea Clinton’s already gearing up for White House bid, whut?
This youtube account by Victoria Sharp who was in the back seat of Finicum’s vehicle is very disturbing. It also counters the official account as a lie. She didn’t see Finicum reach for his waistband as reported by authorities, but claims he had his hands up and they remained so as he lay dead with 6, not 3, bullets in him as reported. She is very believable. Poor thing was terrorized. God I hate our government.
I’ve read key parts of Sharp’s account and if she’s accurate … horrible. But there’s a conflicting account from someone who was in the other vehicle. He has Finicum “charging” the cops.
Now, maybe this second person is a fed informant and a liar (I’d be surprised if the feds didn’t have people inside the occupying group), but at this point we just don’t know.
With the number of cop cars involved, there are bound to be dashcam videos. We’ll find out eventually what really happened.
With mom still running, Chelsea Clinton’s already gearing up for White House bid
“When Mom wins, she’ll appoint three Supreme Court Justices, Bernie Sanders, Michael Bloomberg, and Donald Trump. In eight years, with them out of the way, it will be my turn!”
Paging Steven King…
It’s just hard to believe Chelsea is already old enough (36) to run for POTUS.
“It’s just hard to believe Chelsea is already old enough (36) to run for POTUS.”
Well, at least she’s widely experienced in both political corruption (her work for the Clinton Foundation) and lies (her recent misrepresentations of Bernie’s health care ideas). So she’s highly qualified.
And you forgot Justice Barack Obama! Sure, Barry and all the Clintons detest each other. But he’ll get the Nazgul job in exchange for stopping his Justice Department (sic) from indicting Hillary over all that super-secret material she handed the Chinese and every random hacker on the planet.
Dad Bill, Mom Hillary and daughter Chelsea… So the Clintons are the Royalists, and Obama is [Cromwell] the Lord Protector?
> … and Obama is [Cromwell] the Lord Protector?
I think of him more as the Court Jester or Buffoon.
> We’ll find out eventually what really happened.
I wonder about that. Maybe. I read an account somewhere that mentioned Finicum stated he’d die before going to jail. But that’s hearsay at this point. And who’s in charge of those dashcam videos?
Not that the Bushs’ appointees have been stellar, but the thought of Hillary or Bernie appointing judges makes me shudder.
Tim Allen on the Clintons: