We, the Monkeywrench

Today a convention begins in chaos, amid cries of law and order, that classic killer of freedom. Today, the media mourns three blue lives, as if the murder of armed agents of the state is worse than decades of police murders of the less politically protected.

Decades of unaccountable beatings and killings.

Decades of testilying us into prison.

Decades of stealing our possessions.

Decades of corruption.

Decades of militarization.

Decades of intimidation, thuggery, and abuse.

Decades of videos contradicting “official” stories.

Decades of creatures of government getting away with it, just because they are creatures of government.

—–

Today the news is full of noise about the need to crack down, federalize crimes against cops, impose harsh minimum sentences, build walls against scary people, punish the innocent for the deeds of the guilty, curtail freedom, surveil everybody.

Today the media has all that it wishes to change the world: terrorism, attacks on state agents, and political rah-rah. Grand excuses for killing liberty.

Today the pundits predict that the fall of cops, if not checked with pacifying words and unyielding punishments, signals the fall of civilization. They don’t notice or care that the long rampage of the State vs the People was, and remains, the real engine of destruction.

Not just sending agents of state terror amongst us. But so much more.

Rescuing the rich and connected from the consequences of their crimes while leaving the working class to suffer.

Devaluing, year-by-year, the value of our money, our work, our education, our savings, our lives.

Disconnecting language from reality in hopes of deluding us into believing that tyranny is freedom, insanity is sane, diktats are “democratic,” and “democracy” is something higher than mere mob rule.

So much more. Such a long train of abuses.

—–

And today, amid the rah-rah noise, the demand will be that We the People pay for it somehow. Pay again. Pay with submission. Pay with obedience. Pay with taxes. Pay with devalued currency. Pay with lives. Pay with tribute. Pay with halellujahs to the glory of the state. The demand will be that We the Abused, We the Angry, We the Fed Up will bear the burden of renewed statist dreams and statist orders. Once again. Bear the walls. Bear the laws. Bear the abuses. Bear the cameras. Bear the restrictions. Bear the wars (on whatever). Bear the blame for the deeds of others. Bear the responsibility for government actions over which we have no control. For our own good, so the will tell us. For freedom, its heroes, and the nation we love.

But.

All the coming plans and demands of the state, however onerous, are the plans and demands of the weak.

They’re the plans and demands of the desperate. The plans and demands of those who feel power slipping out of their hands as they close their fists around us.

Those who don’t realize — or who want to pretend — that obedience isn’t citizenship.

That propaganda-numbed minds aren’t pillars of liberty.

That fear isn’t freedom.

That genuine power doesn’t need force to impose itself.

—–

So today, despite state-and-media madness, be of good cheer.

Our would-be rulers are so laughably terrified.

And rightly so. Because even the illusion of control is slipping away from them now. And although truck-wielding terrorists and cop-killing ex-soldiers and Marines may be getting the focus, those are merely the canaries in a very deep, very dark, deeply toxic coal mine.

The state doesn’t fear eight dead cops or the dead men who killed them. The state doesn’t fear a truck plowing into a crowd at a fireworks display or a creep plowing through a crowd at a nightclub.

Ultimately, the state fears only one thing: those who see through its lies and its violence. Those who see its desperation. Those who lose their faith in its dogma or never had such faith in the first place.

Those who ultimately turn their backs and say no — if they say anything at all — thus throwing the biggest monkeywrench of all into the machinery of the state.

—–

Please help put the foundation back under this blog.

MamaLiberty July 18, 2016 9:31 am

Wonderful, Claire… so true. Resist, do not comply or consent, don’t give the state any “authority.” Say, “I won’t” to their demands.

2. LarryA
    LarryA July 18, 2016 10:22 am

Today, the media mourns three blue lives…

The media and politicians are mourning blue lives and telling us there’s a war on cops because they desperately don’t want us to realize that we should bypass the blue and be angry at the politicians who pull the blue strings.

Cops, including appointed police chiefs, are really just hired guns. If your city’s law enforcement needs changing, you can only do so by sweeping out city hall.

3. Fred
    Fred July 18, 2016 10:38 am

My of my, Claire’s on fire today.

4. Frank
    Frank July 18, 2016 1:46 pm

After the latest incident (Baton Rouge) I have already seen at least one article demanding that cops be better armed, which is quite interesting because they have been ‘militarized’ for many, many years – full auto weapons, grenade launchers, armored cars, etc. At the same time as the demand that ‘We the People’ be DISarmed – hmmmmm.

Pat July 18, 2016 2:19 pm

She’s ba-a-a-ack! (A month early.) Will a website be far behind!?

6. Bob
    Bob July 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Reminds me of the late sixties. And what came of the sixties? Not much, that I can see. We need Matt Dillon, Paladin, and The Rifleman. They knew how to stomp snakes.

I wonder, when all the cops are “eliminated,” including the “good ones,” who will stand in the breach? And rest assured, when they decide to just go out a couple clicks and hunker down instead of doing a patrol as ordered, they’ve been eliminated.

I think we get what we deserve, most of the time.

MamaLiberty July 18, 2016 3:11 pm

These clowns just HAD to figure out how to “ban” something! Morons. Welcome to Cleveland… the nutty circus.

Cleveland says protesters can carry guns, but not tennis balls

While guns are allowed, city leaders have banned dozens and dozens of
    other weapons and gadgets – from selfie sticks to athletic equipment and
    cans.

So you can carry an AR-15 outside the security perimeter – but you
    cannot carry tennis balls or cans of pork and beans.

This morning there was a severe thunderstorm in Cleveland – but lots of
    folks got drenched – because it’s against the rules to carry an umbrella.

City Hall says they have every right to implement the ban because pork
    and beans and umbrellas are not covered under the open carry law.

Heaven help the person who brings a tennis ball to a gun fight in a
    rainstorm with an umbrella.

8. Dave
    Dave July 19, 2016 6:41 am

Well articulated, Claire, as usual.

Almost makes one think there might be hope, even now.

I do believe the police killings are largely orchestrated to divide and conquer, but as you point out, the agents of the state (cops in this case) have gone the extra mile to earn the public disdain that would ultimately result in random killings against their collective. Did they really think their bully mentality would be tolerated for ever? They need to WISE UP and remember that: a) they were hired by US to serve & protect; b) their paychecks come from us; c) they took an oath to support, protect and uphold The Constitution; d) they are SUPPOSED to represent justice in a country that is SUPPOSED to be free. In recent decades they have fallen woefully short in category a, c & d

One has to wonder if they’re even smart enough to realize that they have been managed and used as pawns to help bring this country down. Do they really believe that after they have done the dirty work for the PsTB that they will still have a place at the table?……….Or, do you suppose that they are nothing more than short sighted bullies that can’t think any further ahead then their next opportunity to harass, hurt, or kill a citizen.

I hold no illusions about Trump moving to Pa. Ave. History has given us multiple examples that the international ruling elite will not permit agents of change to prevail (JFK, RFK, MLK, Ross Perot, Ron Paul, etc.) I don’t see them changing their agenda now.

Hopefully, I’m wrong.

MamaLiberty July 19, 2016 7:14 am

Dave, I’m curious why you think any of those people were “agents for change” any more than is Obama. They were and are all politicians. The only change any of them are interested in (with the possible exception of Ron Paul)… is MORE power and control over the rest of us. Politicians have no other agenda.

10. jed
    jed July 19, 2016 9:30 am

Something funny happening with e-mail. Uh, I can’t e-mail you about it … :), but it has to do with a ‘backscatter’ filter, causing e-mail from me to thee to get bounced, but e-mail from me to, e.g. gmail, goes through fine.

Without going into gory details, I have a suspicion this is a misconfiguration. I’ll try again in a bit, and then poke the swimming elephant if it persists, but I think it is more tied to your e-mail address than mine.

11. jed
    jed July 19, 2016 9:41 am

Hmm, upon further mental percolation, it could be my e-mail address, but I can’t test that without sending to someone else who also uses the same provider. And I have no other such correspondents in my address book. Seems to me I should have at least a couple, but no.

MamaLiberty July 19, 2016 10:01 am

Jed, I got a bounce from Claire’s main email address last night too. Figured I’d wait until this evening to try again. But if there are others getting bounces… might be a bigger problem.

Claire? Do you know what’s up?

13. jed
    jed July 19, 2016 10:39 am

Claire, you should get at least 2 e-mails from me, via the elephant.

My suspicion, at this point, is Claire’s domain e-mail provider has a misconfigured filter, or the elephant has been blocked in general, whether that’s legit or no. Reminds of a similar issue with the filters at the library.

And, I was initially incorrect about who was hosting the domain e-mail. I feel better now, though.

14. jed
    jed July 19, 2016 10:47 am

I also tested 3 relevant IP addresses here:

Which all came up as not listed. Okay, there could be other ‘backscatter’ blacklist providers. Ugh. What a time sink.

Claire July 19, 2016 1:20 pm

“Claire? Do you know what’s up?”

You guys are definitely on the ball. What’s up is probably that I only pointed the domain clairewolfe.com to the future blog servers yesterday evening and it can take up to 48 hours for all the Internet stars to align.

Also, after I did that thing with the domain, it was several hours before Bear Bussjaeger pointed out to me that I’d need to set up a new account for my main email addy.

However, that’s all done now and bounces should be going away. I’ve tested repeatedly and do not find anything being blocked or anything misconfigured. If you do, please give it a day or two; it might correct itself.

Thanks for the patience! Moving ahead on the new site is … interesting. Even though I’ve got some great help.

16. jed
    jed July 19, 2016 3:44 pm

Well, I was wondering whether it might be due to a ‘just moved’ problem. But I sort of dismissed that, due to the way the bounce messages were worded. And I wouldn’t have thought that reverse DNS would take that long to propogate. So, I think the bounce message should’ve looked different.

But then, it’s been years since I set up a postfix server.

17. Ring Olivio kid0331
    Ring Olivio kid0331 July 20, 2016 4:03 pm

A cop father gets up and puts his coffee cup in the sink his son is going out the kitchen door he will not see his father again?